Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on Gun Range
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Volt875
Topic description says it all really. If your basically point blank and shoot at someone do you get a bonus to hit or anything?
Blade
Point Blank : +2
Depending on the situation the defender might also be unable to make a Dodge test.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Blade @ Aug 9 2011, 05:54 AM) *
Point Blank : +2
Depending on the situation the defender might also be unable to make a Dodge test.

Also depending on situation, you may get an "Attacker in melee" penalty of -3.
Xahn Borealis
If you're on a gun range, I'd make it a Success Tes. Targets can't dodge.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Aug 9 2011, 10:57 AM) *
If you're on a gun range, I'd make it a Success Tes. Targets can't dodge.

Well, it's still an attack test. But unless he glitches, there isn't any chance he'll miss (Destroying Barriers, SR4A 166). Also note, that sometimes objects can get a dodge pool, if they have cover (Defending in Combat, SR4A, 159). On a tactical gun range, that might make a difference.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Aug 9 2011, 08:23 AM) *
Well, it's still an attack test. But unless he glitches, there isn't any chance he'll miss (Destroying Barriers, SR4A 166). Also note, that sometimes objects can get a dodge pool, if they have cover (Defending in Combat, SR4A, 159). On a tactical gun range, that might make a difference.

On a tactical gun range, your targets even move. smile.gif
Yerameyahu
AFAIK, Point Blank is not a 'range', though. It's a misc. mod, though that doesn't mean it's bad or anything. smile.gif This is primarily for executions, and firing in melee (which carries an additional -3).
CanRay
Well, "Money" Johnson prefers the rifle range at his local hunting club, while Nas is content with just letting the laser do the aiming for him, and...

Oh, wrong kind of range.
Mardrax
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 9 2011, 06:21 PM) *
AFAIK, Point Blank is not a 'range', though. It's a misc. mod, though that doesn't mean it's bad or anything. smile.gif This is primarily for executions, and firing in melee (which carries an additional -3).

...And is neatly ignored by any level 3 initiate gunbunny adept worth his salt.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Aug 9 2011, 04:56 PM) *
...And is neatly ignored by any level 3 initiate gunbunny adept worth his salt.

Or anyone who takes Gun Fu, I mean, Firefight. Which can be done at chargen, rather than 30 karma in.
Yerameyahu
That's true. While I wasn't particularly arguing a build or anything, I will point out that such initiates aren't exactly common, and hell, neither is Firefight (or any MA). smile.gif My point was merely that Point Blank has very specific circumstances and entailments.
Mardrax
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Aug 9 2011, 11:00 PM) *
Or anyone who takes Gun Fu, I mean, Firefight. Which can be done at chargen, rather than 30 karma in.

Of course. I'm not familiar enough with MAs to think of those right off the bat though. And I thought Krav Maga was the go-to MA for gunbunnies? Or was that for the free Take Aim? *shrug*

Point being, it'll mostly be ignored by those who routinely use it.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Aug 9 2011, 06:08 PM) *
Of course. I'm not familiar enough with MAs to think of those right off the bat though. And I thought Krav Maga was the go-to MA for gunbunnies? Or was that for the free Take Aim? *shrug*

Point being, it'll mostly be ignored by those who routinely use it.

Krav Maga can do that one too, I think, but it has the free Take Aim, which is infinitely better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012