Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Current Timeline
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Smirnov
Is there anywhere a compilation of all timeline events starting from 2070 and going up until 'now'? The last official one was in Almanach, if I'm not mistaken, but quite a lot happened since the book came out.
Fatum
Inb4 "nothing that'd you need in your games".
Though, seriously, it's been what, a couple of books? Nothing all that major has happened yet...
Smirnov
Hestaby's fight with Lowfyr is quite big. And actually Bogota war fits perfectly into my story.
But it's always the devil in the details. Would be bad to use some piece of knowledge only to find out that it hasn't happened yet in the timeline.
Fatum
QUOTE (Smirnov @ Aug 11 2011, 05:25 PM) *
Hestaby's fight with Lowfyr is quite big. And actually Bogota war fits perfectly into my story.
But it's always the devil in the details. Would be bad to use some piece of knowledge only to find out that it hasn't happened yet in the timeline.
It's your game. You can always change the details you get wrong postfactum if they're that important; otherwise, why not just go with what's most appropriate for your particular campaign? It's not like the whole war arc (or the dragonball artifacts arc, for that matter, too) makes too much sense as it is in the books, anyway.
Smirnov
That much I have learned already biggrin.gif But I prefer to stick to the canon as much as possible. If, say, we play in march 2070 and there are technomancers and DIs all around, it would be a mega bummer, at least for me personally, to find out that the whole thing didn't hit the fan until July-August.

And Aztlan-Amazonian war was in the air since Aztlan book. I've started to flesh out the initial campaign about random scirmishes around Bogota growing into full-blown war with runners in the middle almost the second I finished reading Aztlan, so War! fell on a fertile soil. Won't delve into the quality of the book itself, not to start another round smile.gif
Fatum
Why? What does it matter if you just move the whole timeline half a year back?

Well, between Amazonian support for Yukatan rebels and Atzlan's blood rites, yeah, sure, the war was obvious to be coming; it's the hows of its story that creep me out, really.
Smirnov
QUOTE (Fatum @ Aug 11 2011, 06:32 PM) *
Why? What does it matter if you just move the whole timeline half a year back?

You can call it a personal schtick. smile.gif Just like some people think GURPS is the best game system ever. I know that nothing bad would happen, but I like when my game is flowing with the big current. Some fixes or divergences are unavoidable, but I always try to make them as minor as possible.

QUOTE (Fatum @ Aug 11 2011, 06:32 PM) *
Well, between Amazonian support for Yukatan rebels and Atzlan's blood rites, yeah, sure, the war was obvious to be coming; it's the hows of its story that creep me out, really.

Still have to read the book thoroughly to make my mind on the plot, I only have read the game mechanics yet.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Smirnov @ Aug 11 2011, 11:41 AM) *
Just like some people think know GURPS is the best game system ever.

Corrected for you biggrin.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Aug 11 2011, 08:06 AM) *
Corrected for you biggrin.gif

Shadowrun
NWOD
Champions
THEN Gurps... smile.gif
Fatum
No, no, it's FATAL, then GURPS. :3
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Fatum @ Aug 11 2011, 08:17 AM) *

I always seem to forget FATAL... smile.gif

So, the new definitive list is:

Shadowrun
NWOD
Champions
FATAL
and THEN Gurps... Got it... smile.gif
Fatum
And then Fou... urrrgh... must resist!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Fatum @ Aug 11 2011, 08:30 AM) *
And then Fou... urrrgh... must resist!

Heh... smile.gif
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Fatum @ Aug 11 2011, 12:17 PM) *

BLASPHEMY
you, sir, are a bad, bad person.
Fatum
I prefer thinking of myself as charismatically evil. <:3
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Fatum @ Aug 11 2011, 11:55 AM) *
I prefer thinking of myself as charismatically evil. <:3

Interesting Self-Evaluation there Fatum... wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012