Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metahuman Customization
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stingray
There is a couple guns can not be modified further (Urban Combat and White Knight),
in game that means those guns are not reasonable to buy by Troll and Dwarf PC's,... reason??..
Metahuman Customization is Modification.

Doesn't most Firearms MFG's offer their product's available and usable for all metahuman Sizes?? (+ 10 - 25 % price for bigger/smaller metahumans)
devil.gif

Yerameyahu
Those guns can both be modified further. Besides, the size customization rules in SR4A are much more lenient: AFAIK, you only need to use the Mod rules if you're changing a gun you already got in the wrong size. Almost anything else is either fine, or 10-25% surcharge. Finally, screw those weirdoes. We make guns for humans, pretty-humans, and orks.
Stingray
Arsenal pg.25. last sentance from description from HK Urban Combat " The Urban Combat cannot be further modified"
Yerameyahu
Ah, you're right. That's the weird special one. smile.gif I was thinking you were making the White Knight mistake on both, I guess. Even so, the rest of my post makes it irrelevant.
Stingray
Get your Ak-97 carbine From Evo MetaErgonomics division!!
( basic price will be higher depending by your needed size)
( but 6 slots for modifications are still there..right??)
wink.gif
Ascalaphus
I've always thought that in the Ingram White Knight, it's the gas vent that cannot be further modified upgraded. Although that language is ambiguous.

The Urban Combat does seem to be a special case, yeah. Although I'd allow metahuman customization, since that's something that is best done while producing the gun, not modding it afterwards. I.e. there'd be a Dwarf Product Line and a Troll Product Line.
Yerameyahu
Though it's always possible they simply *don't*. smile.gif
Ascalaphus
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 14 2011, 02:04 PM) *
Though it's always possible they simply *don't*. smile.gif

I wouldn't mind allowing it, because unlike many mods, it doesn't actually make the weapon more powerful.
Stingray
..and one target group fot Urban Combat are heavy armed bodyguards..
(ie "meat shields", and Trolls fill that role most of the time)
Yerameyahu
I wasn't suggesting it. It's just a possibility.

The fluff lies. The target group for the Urban Combat is people who need guns immune to X-ray and chem sniffer. That's not *legitimate* users, like (obvious, ==Troll) bodyguards. 'Discreet agents', operatives, sure.
suoq
Since a player is unlikely to spend the extra 5 BP to get it at chargen, it's up to the GM.

Personally, a rule that says I can't add a sling to a gun worries me. Stuff like that falls into the "guidelines" category, where they forgot they were writing rules. In a home game, I'd allow it, although it might take longer to order. In missions, it really doesn't seem necessary.
Yerameyahu
You can add a sling *accessory*.
Ascalaphus
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Aug 14 2011, 02:37 PM) *
I wasn't suggesting it. It's just a possibility.

The fluff lies. The target group for the Urban Combat is people who need guns immune to X-ray and chem sniffer. That's not *legitimate* users, like (obvious, ==Troll) bodyguards. 'Discreet agents', operatives, sure.

So dwarves, cuz nobody ever pays attention to them nyahnyah.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Aug 14 2011, 09:35 AM) *
So dwarves, cuz nobody ever pays attention to them nyahnyah.gif

They're too short to pay attention to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012