Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The ultimate personal lead hose
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jopp
Ok, a little brainfart in firearm sillyness.

Take a Nartaki
make him a Changeling III
-Give him an extra set of Kali Arms
-Give him Biocompability (Cyberware)

Now install the following (all Alpha)
Obvious Cybertorso
Obvious Cyberlimbs X6
External Weapon Mount (Shoulders) X2
External Weapon Mount (Lower Arm) X6
Articulated Weapon Arm (Back) X1

Weapon of Choice: The one that slings the most lead...
I choose the Ingram Supermach 100. Now, it cannot accept barrel or underbarrel mount accessories but it can be modified.

So, Ingram Supermach 100 with underbarrel Ingram Supermach 100. Gas Vent 3 (x2), Top Smartlink and the larger Clips (60 shots).

We have 9 weapon mounts and 6 arms giving us 15 Ingram Supermach 100 which is essentially 30 ingram Supermach 100.

Each weapon has 6 points of recoil compensation.

It is of course debatable in how useful this would be but who cares. grinbig.gif

We could also add X amount of drones that tracks the rangefinder of the smartlink of the character and add an additional X guns from X drones...
Stahlseele
why did you stop there?
why did you not give the under barrel ingrams another under barrel ingram each?
Turtles all the way down!
The Jopp
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 16 2011, 01:07 PM) *
why did you stop there?
why did you not give the under barrel ingrams another under barrel ingram each?

Weeel...I did find it a bit unrealistic... rotfl.gif

One could possibly have weapon mounts on the legs (upper/lower leg) and have an additional 4 (cool.gif guns all pointing forward. But we need at least beta grade to handle essence loss for two cyberlegs.

I think we could add weapon mounts on the upper arms as well.
Fatum
Well, the only more or less viable usage I'm seeing for that setup is suppressing either massive amounts of space, or with massive amounts of lead flying.
hobgoblin
Damn it, whenever i read threads like these i get a movie flashback of a big black guy packing enough firepower to fight a platoon. Except that the moment he steps out the door he trips and they all go off. Sadly i do not recall what movie it was...
KarmaInferno
You can never have enough guns.

-k
Miri
No such thing as Overkill. There is only "Open Fire!" and "Reload!".
hobgoblin
Thanks you! biggrin.gif

Funny, i kinda recalled him being bigger.
Stahlseele
kinda reminds me of binky.
but with less legs.
Seerow
How are you modding guns with 2 instances of Gas Vent?

Also make sure you use some of your cyberlimb slots to boost up your strength for some free recoil comp.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Seerow @ Aug 16 2011, 08:15 AM) *
How are you modding guns with 2 instances of Gas Vent?

Also make sure you use some of your cyberlimb slots to boost up your strength for some free recoil comp.

Each Gun has a Gas Vent (The Over gun and the Underbarrel Gun)... smile.gif
Mardrax
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 16 2011, 02:07 PM) *

You, sir, just won.

Also, this needs more Binkification. Use a Centaur instead of a Nartaki. More cyberlegs!
Miri
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Aug 16 2011, 08:34 AM) *
You, sir, just won.

Also, this needs more Binkification. Use a Centaur instead of a Nartaki. More cyberlegs!

Ohh.. are there any rules about Centaurs carrying something much like a packhorse can?

Obvious Torso buffed up with lots of body and strength, Cyberlegs for those ram spike thingies that help secure the person to the ground. Then get some torso mounts and put a freaking turret in it with a really really big gun.
Mardrax
QUOTE (Miri @ Aug 16 2011, 04:41 PM) *
Ohh.. are there any rules about Centaurs carrying something much like a packhorse can?

Obvious Torso buffed up with lots of body and strength, Cyberlegs for those ram spike thingies that help secure the person to the ground. Then get some torso mounts and put a freaking turret in it with a really really big gun.

Don't forget the special saddle for the Pixie mage.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Aug 16 2011, 04:34 PM) *
You, sir, just won.

*bows* ^^
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Aug 16 2011, 04:47 PM) *
Don't forget the special saddle for the Pixie mage.

Aaah, Dinoriders . . how i love that series *-*
(yes, i do still watch it now and then <.<)
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Aug 16 2011, 08:24 AM) *
Damn it, whenever i read threads like these i get a movie flashback of a big black guy packing enough firepower to fight a platoon. Except that the moment he steps out the door he trips and they all go off. Sadly i do not recall what movie it was...

IIRC: "I'm Gonna Get You Sucker"
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Aug 16 2011, 08:18 AM) *
IIRC: "I'm Gonna Get You Sucker"

Horrible Movie... But funny. wobble.gif
Draco18s
This is awesome.
Although, I think my weapon of choice is still the Raust Roomcleaner from Alpha Omega. Ammo capacity: N/A.
It fires 10mm steel spheres that are chambered into reusable "shotgun shells" via magnetic hose feed. The standard application has a backpack reservoir, but one could easily adapt it to using a water buffalo.
Ostensibly it was a full auto shotgun firing 10 00000 (yes, ten quintuple-aught) buckshot per shell.
Spanky_Harrison
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Aug 16 2011, 05:48 AM) *
Weapon of Choice: The one that slings the most lead...
I choose the Ingram Supermach 100. Now, it cannot accept barrel or underbarrel mount accessories but it can be modified.

Is that actually true? The differences between modifications and accessories are kinda blurry. (especially since some of the accessories in SR4A are modifications)
The Jopp
QUOTE (Spanky_Harrison @ Aug 16 2011, 09:00 PM) *
Is that actually true? The differences between modifications and accessories are kinda blurry. (especially since some of the accessories in SR4A are modifications)

Well, that is at least my interpretation as accessories are easily swappable but modifications require a weaponsmith so you essentially rebuild the gun.
Stahlseele
Why is there no Gun-Mod that makes the Barrel accept accessoaries again?
Socinus
Why not use a Praetor? 100 rounds a pop and up to 8 recoil comp (IIRC)
Mardrax
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 16 2011, 10:35 PM) *
Why is there no Gun-Mod that makes the Barrel accept accessoaries again?

There is. It's called Underbarrel Weapon.

Also, I'm still seeing a distinct lack of HVAR in this thread.
MOAR BULLETS.
Stahlseele
no, i mean, a weapon that says it can not accept any over, under or barrel accessoiries . .
mod it with a rail system that allows placing over/under/barrel accessoiries . .
Mardrax
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 17 2011, 01:38 AM) *
no, i mean, a weapon that says it can not accept any over, under or barrel accessoiries . .
mod it with a rail system that allows placing over/under/barrel accessoiries . .

Why take offense when the rail system in question fires grenades, or FA bursts? wobble.gif
The Jopp
We could make the character more...BOOMY.

MGL6 with MGL6 underbarrel and Grenade Links

Since these are grenade launchers they don't really need a clear LOS to their target (ie, no straight firing line). So we could add hthe following.

Back
Arms (6) X2
Hands (6) X2
Legs (4) X2
Shoulders: (2) X2

That's 36 launched grenades per combat phase and if we manage to increase the initiative he's gonna run out of ammo real quicklylike.

Scatter will be a bitch though. With a cheap specialization at 1+2 skill level we would always roll a minimum of 3D6 per weapon. So we solve this by giving each weapon a pilot rating and gunnery software (for limb mounted weapons). Weapons held in the hand will be manually controlled.

So we have 6 arms rolling 3D6 each (Dicepool/Limbs=D6+smartlink (+2) And each pilot rolls 8D6 (Pilot 3/ Software 3 + smartlink +2).

Mardrax
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Aug 17 2011, 09:07 AM) *
We could make the character more...BOOMY.

MGL6 with MGL6 underbarrel and Grenade Links

Don't forget to MRSI it up to rival Thor shots in damage. wobble.gif
The Jopp
In the end it will not be cost efficient since just the cyberware and guns cost around 250K For 250K at chargen you can get the following:

28 GM Nissan Dobermans armed with the following:

ARES HVAR & underbarrel ARES Alpha
Piloting (Doberman)
Targeting (Ares Alpha)
Defense Autosoft

Kindova cheap army at under 10K a pop.
The Jopp
Centaur [Bad Horse - Prime Runner]
Changeling [Shiva Arms X2][Astral hazing]

Adapsin
Cyberbody*
Cyberskull
Cybertorso
Cyberlegs X4
Cyberarms X6

*The rules for critters and using cyberware says that they can only accept Deltaware - It does not say that they do NOT gain the Deltaware essence bonus (ie 50% essence loss instead of 100% of the ware).

1,5+0,75+10 X 0,4= 4,9

Weapon Arm (back)
Leg Weapon mounts X8 (Upper & Lower Legs)
Arm Weapon mounts X12 (Upper & Lower Arms)
Shoulder mounts X2

Saddle mounted
Mitsuhama otomo - Weapon Mount X1 (Back Mounted, Flexible, MGL12 Grenade Launcher+ Underbarrel MGL12)
Arm Weapon Mounts X2 (with GM approval)
2 MGL6 grenade launchers with underbarrel MGL6 in his hands.

MGL6 Grenade Launchers with underbarrel MGL6

I think we are up at...52 grenades launched simulatenously. EDIT*

I forgot to add the 12 MGL6 in his hands... so...64 grenades per combat phase.

Add 3 high flying LTA drones with rangefinders and tacnet and we have some efficient artillery barrage.

Yea, i was bored. cyber.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Aug 19 2011, 07:47 AM) *
*The rules for critters and using cyberware says that they can only accept Deltaware - It does not say that they do NOT gain the Deltaware essence bonus (ie 50% essence loss instead of 100% of the ware).

Doesn't say they DON'T get it, either. General trumped by lack of specific. wink.gif
Miri
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Aug 19 2011, 05:47 AM) *
Centaur [Bad Horse - Prime Runner]
Changeling [Shiva Arms X2][Astral hazing]

Adapsin
Cyberbody*
Cyberskull
Cybertorso
Cyberlegs X4
Cyberarms X6

1,5+0,75+10 X 0,4= 4,9

Weapon Arm (back)
Leg Weapon mounts X8 (Upper & Lower Legs)
Arm Weapon mounts X12 (Upper & Lower Arms)
Shoulder mounts X2

Saddle mounted
Mitsuhama otomo - Weapon Mount X1 (Back Mounted, Flexible, MGL12 Grenade Launcher+ Underbarrel MGL12)
Arm Weapon Mounts X2 (with GM approval)
2 MGL6 grenade launchers with underbarrel MGL6 in his hands.

MGL6 Grenade Launchers with underbarrel MGL6

I think we are up at...52 grenades launched simulatenously. EDIT*

I forgot to add the 12 MGL6 in his hands... so...64 grenades per combat phase.

Add 3 high flying LTA drones with rangefinders and tacnet and we have some efficient artillery barrage.

Yea, i was bored. cyber.gif

Now, put a Rank 4 Pilot and Gunnery 4 in each gun (8 dice pool.. Rule of 4 it cause I ain't rolling that many dice).
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Miri @ Aug 19 2011, 05:03 PM) *
Now, put a Rank 4 Pilot and Gunnery 4 in each gun (8 dice pool.. Rule of 4 it cause I ain't rolling that many dice).

And why the hell not?
If you ain't rolling BUCKETS of D6, you ain't doing it right! ^^
Seerow
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 19 2011, 04:07 PM) *
And why the hell not?

It ain't shadowrun til midway through the session the new player suddenly says "Guys, I need to make a Wal-Mart run" and thus you end up with 6 guys going to wal-mart at 11pm to buy 100 6 sided dice. (which Wal-Mart happens to sell in packages of 5 pretty cheaply. They're no fancy gaming dice, but they're dice!).
Miri
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 19 2011, 09:07 AM) *
And why the hell not?

GM: You see i figure off in the distance.. suddenly obscured by a huge cloud of smoke and you see many many muzzelfashes going off.. pointed vaiguly directly up.

Players: Err.. ok..

Next Combat Round

GM: You see more smoke fill in at that location.. *looks at handfull of dice* And I'm going to need a lot more dice.
Miri
Since money isn't an Issue..

Rating 10 Pilot program for the guns.
Microdrone sensor for each gun
Rating 6 Camera in the Microdrone sensor(making sure each one includes an Image Link Module and a Smartlink Module)
Rating 3 Tacsoft
Rating 4 Gunnery
Smartgun

19 Dice Pool for these guns to shoot on their own. Where to get that last die so that one can Rule of 4 it for 5 autohits since I couldn't find anything about rating 7+ sensor hardware in WAR.
Seerow
QUOTE (Miri @ Aug 19 2011, 06:59 PM) *
Since money isn't an Issue..

Rating 10 Pilot program for the guns.
Microdrone sensor for each gun
Rating 6 Camera in the Microdrone sensor(making sure each one includes an Image Link Module and a Smartlink Module)
Rating 3 Tacsoft
Rating 4 Gunnery
Smartgun

19 Dice Pool for these guns to shoot on their own. Where to get that last die so that one can Rule of 4 it for 5 autohits since I couldn't find anything about rating 7+ sensor hardware in WAR.

Rating 10 pilot? Holy shit.
Miri
QUOTE (Seerow @ Aug 19 2011, 12:01 PM) *
Rating 10 pilot? Holy shit.

Milspec software from WAR!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Miri @ Aug 19 2011, 12:02 PM) *
Milspec software from WAR!

I was under the Impression that Pilots/IC/Agents could not exceed Rating 6, even in WAR! Nowhere in War!, that I can find, does it allow Agents/IC/Pilots to exceed the Rating Cap of 6. Please give a page number.
Miri
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 19 2011, 12:12 PM) *
I was under the Impression that Pilots/IC/Agents could not exceed Rating 6, even in WAR! Nowhere in War!, that I can find, does it allow Agents/IC/Pilots to exceed the Rating Cap of 6. Please give a page number.

Going to make me squint at my iPhone even more huh?

Ok.. Yeah I don't see a line in the black chart thought the write up of software doesn't specifically deny it like it does for Autosofts.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Miri @ Aug 19 2011, 12:23 PM) *
Going to make me squint at my iPhone even more huh?

Ok.. Yeah I don't see a line in the black chart thought the write up of software doesn't specifically deny it like it does for Autosofts.

I remember seeing somewhere in War! (IIRC) that Agents/IC/Pilots are barred from exceeding Rating 6.
crash2029
This reminds me of the time I tried to make a War Wheel by giving a Horizon Revolution dual sidecars armed with vindicators. And MGL-6's.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Aug 19 2011, 10:50 PM) *
This reminds me of the time I tried to make a War Wheel by giving a Horizon Revolution dual sidecars armed with vindicators. And MGL-6's.

hmm, how hard would it be to do this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Wheel_(comics) in SR4/the barrens? O.o
hobgoblin
I may have actually read the comic in question...
Stahlseele
who did not? ^^
also, you may have seen this in one of the animated series too, i think O.o
crash2029
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 19 2011, 02:46 PM) *
hmm, how hard would it be to do this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Wheel_(comics) in SR4/the barrens? O.o

Actually I was thinking of this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012