Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dynomitan
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nyost Akasuke
Lookin' through Augmentation for some useful stuff for a niche Technomancer, I came across the section on Dynomitan in the ''Genetech'' chapter.

The dynamin protein is closely tied to the
speed of neuronal transmission due to the cell’s ability to absorb
neurotransmitters. Dynomitan is an enhanced version of this
protein, expressed exclusively in the sensory regions of the brain.
Characters with this modification receive a +1 dice pool modifier
to Intuition-linked skills. Characters with this modification are
also prone to distraction. When they notice something of interest,
they must pass a Willpower + Logic (3) test to not drop the task at
hand. This enhancement is incompatible with synch.

My question is, what does it mean by ''skills''? Does resisting Drain count for this if the magician's tradition uses the Intuition stat? Or does it only apply to things such as Assensing, Disguise, Perception, etc?

Loch
Drain isn't resisted using any skills, just two attributes, so dynamin wouldn't help. Ditto for PuSHeD and Logic traditions.
Traul
No, there needs to be a skill in the pool. Otherwise it would work for Initiative and cost twice as much wink.gif
Yerameyahu
It means "skills", and only if they're Intuition-linked. Skills that have the listed attribute link as 'Intuition'.
Nyost Akasuke
Now that I think about it, that really was a stupid question.

Thanks guys. =)
Yerameyahu
No worries, there are a number of other 'controversial' issues in this vein. Usually, some munchkin trying to sneak a bonus. wink.gif But they can be confusing, and they're similar to this question.
Aerospider
Just noticed that there is some ambiguous wording in the text. In a single sentence it describes the bonus as a dice pool modifier and as a skill modifier. I'm pretty sure the former is the intended one, but it's not as clear as it should be.
Mäx
QUOTE (Aerospider @ Aug 21 2011, 11:06 AM) *
Just noticed that there is some ambiguous wording in the text. In a single sentence it describes the bonus as a dice pool modifier and as a skill modifier.

HUH.
It clearly says it's a dicepool modifier and says nothing about being a skill modifier.
Aerospider
QUOTE (Mäx @ Aug 21 2011, 09:23 AM) *
HUH.
It clearly says it's a dicepool modifier and says nothing about being a skill modifier.

"+1 dice pool modifier to Intuition-linked skills" should have the word 'tests' at the end to be clear.
But perhaps I'm nit-picking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012