Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Astral Chameleon Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lilt
Should the Astral Chameleon edge have any effect on how hard it is to penetrate someone's masking?

Would you apply any modifier to stealth tests for a character with this edge? (IE: The same +2 that applies to the assensing TN)
BitBasher
I wouldn't. The aura is harder to read effectively, it's not harder to see... At least if I remember the description correctly.
Lilt
Perhaps I should start a step further back: Would you apply the +2 to read a character's signature to attempting to read the character's aura?
BitBasher
Er... I would need to read the description of the power to make that judgement. Can anyone post it up? I like making judgements. grinbig.gif
Lilt
QUOTE (
Astral Chameleon/Astral Impressions
Value +2/-2
)
These edges and flaws reflext how well an Awakened character's astral signature sticks out on the astral plane. The Astral Chameleon Edge Means that a character's astral signature blends into the background of astral space more quickly; treat each astral signature left by the character as if its force was 1 less. In addition, the character's astral signature is harder to read and recognise; add +2 to attempts by other characters to assense the signature.

What I'm wondering is wether or not his own aura gets the +2 to assensing TN.
FlakJacket
I wouldn't think so. Since someone only leaves an astral signature when they do something e.g. cast a spell AFAIK. So unless an awakened character's aura constantly leaves an astral signature where ever they go without their doing anything, I'd say no. But since its been an age since I played a spell caster, I could be wrong. smile.gif
Lilt
I suppose the counterpart to that question is that if that edge dosen't do what I want (+2 to TNS to assense my aura and +2 to stealth tests on the astral) then would an edge that does it be reasonable?
FlakJacket
Don't see why not.
BitBasher
Aaaah, well... I would have to rule no, because an aura is different from an astral signature. This deals specifically with astral signatures, and makes no mention of auras at all. If this dealt with auras, then yes I would give bonuses to astral stealth and penties to percieving the person, but it does not.
Rev
Isn't there a rule someplace that the t# for astrally perceiving a person is 10-essence? An edge that increased that t# by one seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Dim Aura, or something like that. smile.gif

"For whatever reason your aura is smaller or dimmer than that of the average man. Perhaps you need to purchase a more impressive automobile?"
ThatSzechuan
QUOTE (Rev)
Isn't there a rule someplace that the t# for astrally perceiving a person is 10-essence?

I may be wrong, but I think you're talking about the target number for Heal/Treat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012