Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: electrified armor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
xizor

just thinking about adding something similar to a shock glove to the secure and military armor, so that it will give a shock to any one hitting the secure/military armor with their hand/foot/any thing conductive. eek.gif

what do you think, is this viable, or am i just insane? rotfl.gif
Austere Emancipator
Well it's certain possible, as demonstrated by this. How useful it is, I have no idea.
RangerJoe
The big problem I see is who (aside from high level physads) really would punch/kick a person in milspec/security armor? If they're tough enough to attack someone armored that well with bare skin, maybe they are more of a threat than 6S stun can effectively deal with.

Another problem: What happens when you catch an APDS slug and you medic comes over to try and hold your guts in? Unless you thought (in the midst of howling in pain) to turn that shocker off....

Electrifying vehicle security systems makes sense to me, but personal shock skins seem a wee bit whacked.
Voran
Ok the jacket is kinda a wierd, funny idea. Might lead to a false sense of security, accidental injury to innocent parties (heh, don't sneak up on your girlfriend), an interesting way for a female to mug someone else, and....be careful when it rains.

And in Cannon Comp it gives rules on shock-proofing your own armor to reduce effectiveness of electrical attacks, so it may not even be cost effective to add all-over taser functions to a suit of armor.
Apathy
If you decided to go for it, maybe you could treat it like a mundane variant of the Flame Aura power (+2 to unarmed melee attacks, opponent must resist 6M if they score a hit, unless they hit with a protected portion of their body)
xizor
wound you consider it for crowd control ?
or prehaps in a jail where there should be no wepons...

or any situation like that.

i think it may be feasible but i wanted to see what you think.
mfb
riot cops would benefit from this stuff, as would prison guards in the higher-security blocks--pretty much anyone who stands a chance of being overrun by hordes of unarmed goons.
Voran
Hmm. I'm suddenly coming up with the idea of a security measure. Potentially electrified floors, security guards wear shock-proof armor, and in event of riot or intrusion, they zap the floors and nail everyone who isn't protected.
Crusher Bob
Alas, most rubber soled shoes will protect you from this. Also, this risks prolonged exposure to the electricity which can cause permanent damage.
CardboardArmor
Dang, Crusher Bob beat me while I was Googling for a picture of some Nikes to totally own that electric floor idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012