Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Tir, Seattle and the UCAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
noonesshowmonkey
As the title asks, what is the story with the Tir and Seattle nowadays?

Any high tensions leading towards war? Terrorism? Smuggling? Hows it all work (or where can I read it for myself).

Thanks!
CanRay
Seattle and the Tir are not on good relations right now due to a variety of reasons.

1: Portland is an open city again, so all the shipping that was going through Seattle's harbors in the '50s and '60s dried up.

2: KENNY BRACKHAVEN is Governor of Seattle! You know, the guy whose Uncle headed the Seattle Chapter of the Humanis Policlub until he got a lethal case of dead? Yeah, he's real friendly with an elven nation run by an ork and a dragon.

3: The UCAS is probably on better terms, so tensions and war are not likely issues. Just low-level espionage. You know, business as usual. The UCAS has other concerns on their plate, and at least the Tir is a "Democracy" now.

4: The outcast Elven Princes from the Tir are in Seattle now, and they're working at trying to take back their power, you can bet on that. But even young elves from that society tend to play a looooooooooooooooooooooong game.
Critias
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 31 2011, 02:12 PM) *
4: The outcast Elven Princes from the Tir are in Seattle now...

I'd preface that with "some of," just FYI. I can think of several that aren't.
hermit
Rex? Whatever became of Garth Stone anyway?

As the title asks, what is the story with the Tir and Seattle nowadays?

Well, the Tir is basically a Horizon puppet state these days. At least, Charisma (hq'd in Portland) is what keeps them going, and Cline is best buddies with Prince Zincan. So it went from pseudo-mystic elf country to ... an LA clone, essentially, with more elves.
Nath
QUOTE (hermit @ Sep 2 2011, 10:33 PM) *
So it went from pseudo-mystic elf country to ... an LA clone, essentially, with more elves.
*must resist the urge to post in the reboot topic about moving Tir Tairngire to New Zealand, with Steve Jackson and Kevin Sorbo as IE Princes*
hermit
And put Hobbits in?
CanRay
QUOTE (hermit @ Sep 2 2011, 05:42 PM) *
And put Hobbits in?
They taken them to the Isengard Ghetto.
hermit
Medicineman will be furious. biggrin.gif
TheWanderingJewels
QUOTE (hermit @ Sep 2 2011, 03:33 PM) *
Rex? Whatever became of Garth Stone anyway?

Well, the Tir is basically a Horizon puppet state these days. At least, Charisma (hq'd in Portland) is what keeps them going, and Cline is best buddies with Prince Zincan. So it went from pseudo-mystic elf country to ... an LA clone, essentially, with more elves.

I hadn't considered that idea. but year yer right. And I can see and interesting fight within horizon on how the Corp works it's memetic warfare to reconstruct the Tir. And The Tir Nobles that got away having something to say about that.....
HunterHerne
Huh. Horizon: Ruling the world one Elf kingdom at a time.
CanRay
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Sep 3 2011, 05:02 PM) *
Huh. Horizon: Ruling the world one Elf kingdom at a time.
Not if the Irish get their Island back first. nyahnyah.gif
HunterHerne
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 3 2011, 06:17 PM) *
Not if the Irish get their Island back first. nyahnyah.gif

IRA: Sixth World... 4 man squads, each with a different specialty, and the same general skills... sounds familiar...

(Go Irish! Kick out the Tuatha!)
TheWanderingJewels
*blink* Is it just me or does Horizon now control pretty much the important places on American west coast?
hermit
Except for Seattle.
TheWanderingJewels
Aztlan can't be liking that. CAS and the Big L on One Side. Horizon on the other.
ggodo
QUOTE (hermit @ Sep 3 2011, 03:49 PM) *
Except for Seattle.

Isn't Brackhaven using Charisma associates?
CanRay
QUOTE (ggodo @ Sep 3 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Why? When he can use a nice Humanis subsidiary that's hidden behind fifteen shells so he can further the white sheet wearing bastards cause?
ggodo
It's cuz they're the best. I don't know, though. I just heard that on here. Humanis has subsidiaries?
CanRay
QUOTE (ggodo @ Sep 3 2011, 10:21 PM) *
It's cuz they're the best. I don't know, though. I just heard that on here. Humanis has subsidiaries?
Got to get funding somehow. Especially if they can do so from the Trogs and Faries to use against them. There's a bitter irony there that would make their black hearts warm.

I've had it said that sometimes I'm an evil bastard. That isn't true, my parents were married for well over two years before I was born. nyahnyah.gif
hermit
QUOTE (ggodo @ Sep 4 2011, 03:21 AM) *

No. Horizon cannot be evil by authors' decree, after all.

No, but the Human Nation - their parent organisation, if you will - controls much of continental Europe's companies, like GENOM of Switzerland, ZIC, and also is supported covertly by forces within MCT and several Japanocorp second-rowers like Yakashima and Monobe. Also, Kenny BRackhaven himself controls much of Seattle's local economy trhough Brackhaven Investments.
CanRay
Horizon cannot be evil. ... Yet. I smell a big reveal coming soon.
hermit
I dread that reveal, because I fear who writes it. The last two big metaplot reveals - Nadia daviar's clone army, and the potted plant war - were of the "best had never been written" cathegory. I see no way how this will turn with the current line developer.
CanRay
QUOTE (hermit @ Sep 4 2011, 05:51 AM) *
I dread that reveal, because I fear who writes it. The last two big metaplot reveals - Nadia daviar's clone army, and the potted plant war - were of the "best had never been written" cathegory. I see no way how this will turn with the current line developer.
Submitted your resume for the job yet?
Ascalaphus
I think it's obvious that Horizon is evil, but that whoever introduced Horizon wanted to do a Big Reveal. So until then, Horizon will smell like roses, but we all know there's gonna be thorns. I don't think any developer has tried to convince us that Horizon is really clean, just that we don't know yet what the skeletons in the closet are.
CanRay
Pretty much the same way Shadowtalkers constantly remind folks that while they know what AZT is up to, to the general public, their drek don't stink.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 4 2011, 01:11 PM) *
Pretty much the same way Shadowtalkers constantly remind folks that while they know what AZT is up to, to the general public, their drek don't stink.

Except, no one has anything on Horizon. The top echelon of AZT still isn't really known.
CanRay
No one has anything on Horizon... Yet!
HunterHerne
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 4 2011, 01:33 PM) *
No one has anything on Horizon... Yet!

Yes.
Mardrax
QUOTE (hermit @ Sep 4 2011, 11:53 AM) *
No. Horizon cannot be evil by authors' decree, after all.

Neither is Brackhaven. He just has the best for humanity at heart. wobble.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Sep 4 2011, 02:42 PM) *
Neither is Brackhaven. He just has the best for humanity at heart. wobble.gif
Say what you will about Julius, I still think he would have done a better job with another term in office. Senile or not.

He'd have the Shadowrunner vote and support, a not unsizeable number in Seattle.
Traul
QUOTE (hermit @ Sep 4 2011, 10:53 AM) *
Horizon cannot be evil by authors' decree, after all.

Hey, it's not so easy!
TheWanderingJewels
I tend to get this kinda Vibe from Horizon Corp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuQoUZm6p2A
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Traul @ Sep 4 2011, 07:46 PM) *

It never is. Just take a look at Dr. Evil, you must attend evil college, get a master's AND a doctor's degree of evilness and hire competent lieutenants but at the same time they are not ambitious enough to think they could replace you, find a proper place to make your evil lair, how many active volcanos do you think are lying around? Not much and there are a lot of other evil masterminds trying to get these real estates...
CanRay
And then there's Starbucks, which makes more money legitimately than any attempt to hold the world ransom ever would.

'Course, it's a whole different type of evil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012