Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bio or cyberware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Raptor1033
are there any other cyber or biowares upgrades that increase the running modifier besides the kid stealth legs or cyberskates?
BitBasher
no.
Kanada Ten
Not yet... Rocket feet!

How many people think the Cybertail should be both detachable and come with an off trigger (which simply keeps the tail pointing upwards along the spine, no sudden swig-sizh)?
CardboardArmor
Detachable tail would mean you'd constantly have to figure out how to re-balance yourself as the presence (or not) of the tail shifts your weight distribution.

Having it perfectly stiff along the spine would be kinda funny...You walk down the street and you see some guy with a metal tail perfectly erect along his back.

It is, so to speak, the biggest bonar. And it looks weird. Having it turn off and just not move (so you can slide it into your pants...wow, that sounds dirty) sounds a sight better than having it errect.

Course, you'll still have a little bump near your cocyx where the balance tail has to be grafted, but you could always pretend that's totally natural.
Kanada Ten
I'm thinking putting a weight inplace when removed. I assumed the tail had to have a shut off like you mention in order just to sleep. The tail would follow the spine curvature when in "up" mode. This would make it easier to ride in a car, or just sit in general. Or?
snowRaven
Having the tail curve up along your spine would play merry hell with the ergonomics of any designed chair. It would be much easier to just put the tail around you on one side, or slouch down and have it protrude from between your legs. (This adds the fun of obscene gestures too...)

An npc of mine has it linked to a special chipjack with subroutines for various movement (kind of like a limited skillsoft program) that can make the tip twitch, make the tail swish back and forth like on an angry cat, raise it straight up when she's on crawling on her hands and knees(don't ask), and a few 'at rest' modes.
toturi
QUOTE (Raptor1033)
are there any other cyber or biowares upgrades that increase the running modifier besides the kid stealth legs or cyberskates?

But if you add ghouling and SURGE-ing, you could have more modifiers, technically.
tjn
And the Satyr subtype of Orks.

Then again, while it doesn't say the Satyr legs SURGE, the Satyr race, and the Kid Stealth legs aren't compatiable, personally, I wouldn't allow combining all of those modifiers (as it's all basically the same thing).

Though, in my mind, I think trying to get Kid Stealth legs and Cyberskates to work together would be rather hard.
sidartha
Without thinking about it too hard I don't think you can use cyberskates properly when your legs bend backwards cyber.gif
RedmondLarry
I think if you put Troll Cyberlegs on a Dwarf, it'd increase his running multiplier to x3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012