Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orichalcum Homonculus
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ramaloke
I was wondering what type of stat bonuses and abilities would come with an Orichalcum Homunculus. I realize it would be obscenely expensive but a free spirit PC has little use for nuyen.gif anyway.

How does this look?
CODE
Orichalcum/Iron Alloy Homunculus
B A R S C I L W EDG ESS M Init IP
F+3 F+3 F+3 F+3 F F F F F F F F 2

Movement: 10/25
Skills: As spirit
Powers: As spirit, plus Armor (10/10) and Natural Weapon (Fists: DV (F+9), P, AP 0)

-edit-

Reading, Orichalcum has many of the properties of Gold including malleability, so it would likely be better if it was Alloyed with Iron.
Summerstorm
No way it would be better than the plasteel homculus.

Like you wrote: mallable like gold. Possibly ridiculous heavy.

Also wouldn't it cost in the hundreds-of-millions? 50.000 per unit orichalcum?#

I was looking into some titanium based alloy for homunculus. Maybe with weighted parts made of Molybdenum. But supposedly "Pasteel" is the best thing to ever be?
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Sep 8 2011, 12:50 PM) *
But supposedly "Pasteel" is the best thing to ever be?

At least in the SR timeline.

The only advantage I would ever possibly give an Orichalcum Humanculus, is treating it as a prepared vessel, for every spirit, even if it's also designed for a specific spirit (in which case, it would get a bonus) + maybe a few dice in favour of the possesser. That's it. The stats would be lower, it would be more expensive, and really, it would be pretty useless, comparatively.
Bodak
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Sep 9 2011, 02:50 AM) *
Like you wrote: mallable like gold. Possibly ridiculous heavy.
The only effect of it being dense is that it would be smaller. The homunculus needs to be 10kg mass per (maximum) Force point of possessing spirit (or Force of the spirit that grants possession to a magician via Endowment, or whatever else is going to possess it). This means a Wicker Man constructed for a F6 spirit consists of 60kg of straw and is huge. An oricalcum homunculus for a F6 spirit made of 60kg of metal could be the size of a milk bottle. That's pretty handy for stealth, getting through things, but still dishing out the damage.

A homunculus that was malleable like gold (or perhaps mercury) could have properties of the T-X. Pour yourself through a keyhole and reassemble on the other side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012