Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happens when two Warrior Way adepts have a domestic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Krojar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMJ6Q-8jnzk

Girlfriend pointed this out last night when we were designing characters. Thought it worked pretty well rotfl.gif
CanRay
Not available in every country.
Krojar
THis one MIGHT work but probably not. Licensing issues when the videos come from the official source: http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bro...r-zeppelin.html
Mantis
I think if you are not in the US then you can not see that video. Both links told me it wasn't available in my country.
Elfenlied
Yay for censorship!

Anyone got a link that actually works in Europe?
CanRay
Nope. Not allowed to be shown outside of the USA.

You know, for the Internet being an International Network, there's a lot that isn't allowed...
CanRay
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Sep 8 2011, 12:37 PM) *
Yay for censorship!
Depends on where you are. Some places, censorship. In others, Government and Corporate Regulations.

In Canada, it's the second, BTW.
Draco18s
http://www.youtube.com/v/OMJ6Q-8jnzk
Dahrken
Blocked too...
Draco18s
QUOTE (Dahrken @ Sep 8 2011, 12:45 PM) *
Blocked too...

Really? It should link strait to the video and go around all that region checking.

Try this method.
Seriously Mike
Nope, notworkski.
Elfenlied
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 8 2011, 05:43 PM) *
Depends on where you are. Some places, censorship. In others, Government and Corporate Regulations.

In Canada, it's the second, BTW.

In Germany, it's mostly censorship. Although in case of music, it's the latter. We've got an organisation here called the "GEMA", and they need to whitelist every single song, otherwise it's blocked on portals like Youtube. We're a bunch of rules abiding little bureaucrats, after all.
CanRay
And I thought the Canadian Government was bad.

Do they have a department for RPGs, too?
Elfenlied
Fortunately, no, at least as far as I'm aware. We do have a department that reviews electronic media (video games, movies etc.), and a rather heavy handed crackdown on violence in media in general. They just unbanned Doom only recently, since it no longer fits under "realistic depiction of violence".

However, you're still allowed to import your own stuff.
CanRay
eek.gif

Damn. That sounds as heavy handed as the Quebecois Language Police!
Krojar
More to do with licensing than violence. Too bad because it's pretty damn funny.
Elfenlied
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 8 2011, 08:58 PM) *
eek.gif

Damn. That sounds as heavy handed as the Quebecois Language Police!

Wait a second... you guys have a language police?
CanRay
Quebec has a language police today. And they're beyond touching, what they say goes. No appeal, no second-opinion. Period.

Now, picture how bad it'd be in Shadowrun, where they're their own country!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Krojar @ Sep 8 2011, 10:57 AM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMJ6Q-8jnzk

Girlfriend pointed this out last night when we were designing characters. Thought it worked pretty well rotfl.gif

So. Very. Wrong.
I like it. smile.gif
PeteThe1
Or you could just, ya know, describe the video so people don't need to click links in the first place.
CanRay
QUOTE (PeteThe1 @ Sep 9 2011, 12:23 AM) *
Or you could just, ya know, describe the video so people don't need to click links in the first place.
But that would take effort and work!

And may not be as good, depending on the storyteller in question. I mean, hell, look at hack writing like what comes out of me. nyahnyah.gif
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Sep 8 2011, 09:52 PM) *
Fortunately, no, at least as far as I'm aware. We do have a department that reviews electronic media (video games, movies etc.), and a rather heavy handed crackdown on violence in media in general. They just unbanned Doom only recently, since it no longer fits under "realistic depiction of violence".

Remind me, what's that vile horde of barbarians called? NSDAP? ...no, wait, that's a different vile horde of Teutonic barbarians. BDSM? ...no, wait, that's what they like to do after hours. Anyway, it was something about these lines.
That and fun toys you can't import, like my favorite "HFC Gas-Vollautomatik 1J Maschinenpistole M11 'Strike Eagle'".
Elfenlied
You're talking about the USK. And yes, they do have an english wiki entry, don't ask me why.

On a side note, our sex worker union shares the abbreviation with Berkely Software Distribution. Go figure nyahnyah.gif
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Sep 9 2011, 12:13 PM) *
You're talking about the USK. And yes, they do have an english wiki entry, don't ask me why.

On a side note, our sex worker union shares the abbreviation with Berkely Software Distribution. Go figure nyahnyah.gif
No, not USK. BPjM - that's why I remembered it's similar to BDSM.
Krojar
Lol, well two crazy psycho hand-to-hand fighters go at it then start making out. Trust me, describing it is not nearly as good as watching it...stupid international licensing agreements.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012