Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gear Types
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dashifen
Hello all!

At the behest of a few users of the Dashifen Character Record System I'm extending my original plan to include attributes, edges and flaws, skills, and gear in the character record. However, to save room and programming time in the database, I'm going to concider almost anything that can be bought as a item of gear. So, I'm trying to come up with the different types of gear in Shadowrun. So far I have mundane gear, magical gear, weapons, armor, cyberware, bioware, nanoware, and lifestyles. Can you all think of anything I missed?
BitBasher
Vehicles, electronics, entertainment.
Grey
What about giving the player the ability to enter gear on a blank line, that way if he has something custom, he can put it in still?
Sphynx
#1 most important one missed would be Softs. Anyone with a skillsoft system (or even a simple knowsoft link) tends to have a library of those suckers.

Sphynx
Dashifen
Vehicles are good.

Electronics, entertainment => mundane gear

I had concidered softs to be mundane gear as well, however it would be very nice to list them in a seperate column due to their specialized use. therefore we'll call softs a seperate type. Although all know-, active-, lingua-, and datasofts will be included within that type.

Grey: That's the plan. The user (GM or Player) would enter the gear for a character item by item for now and place it into the right category themselves. Eventually, I'll try to parse the XML output from NSRCG to automate the process, but that's something for the long term rather than the short.
kevyn668
Armor.

Or is that covered somewhere else?
Dashifen
QUOTE (kevyn668)
Armor.

Or is that covered somewhere else?

Uhm ... that would be covered by armor smile.gif Sorry, had to say it wink.gif
kevyn668
Oh, well now you expect me to actually read your whole post before I go off half cocked and tossin' my spare change around? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012