Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun: St. Louis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
LaughingTiger
I'm in the process of bringing St. Louis up to speed in the Shadowrun world. The St. Louie and KC metroplexes will be the playground for my players in my upcoming campaign. I've been involved with SR since 2nd edition, and was able to get my hands on the Guide to North America from 1st Edition, but I have yet to find anything written about St. Louis. A search of the timeline at the Archive turned up little to no helpful info.

So my question is: Am I dabbling in the unknown, or is there a place with information about the city I can tap?

If I am dabbling in the unknown, do you have any tips for city creation? I'm using the New Seattle Sourcebook as a "guide" for my writing, trying to keep in the same style and information layout. Any tips, tricks, or other things you've gathered from your experience that you'd like to share?
Ancient History
There was mention of a few smuggling routes through St. Louis, as I recall. Not much else.
Jason Farlander
There is a very small amount of information about St. Louis in Shadows of North America. Specifically, St Louis exists as a part of both the CAS and the UCAS, and is big in the smuggling business for that reason.

Let me know what progress you make, as I would certainly be interested in such a writeup (living in STL and all).
Steel Machine
I apologize for not being more specific here, my books are wrapped in plastic right now, and I'm just lazy. I recall mention of St. Louis in a few books:

Shadows of north America the most recnt mention. I am pretty sure the NeoAnarchist's Guide to north America makes mention of it at least once, but I can't recall whether its in the CAS or UCAS section. I think there is mention of organized crime in St. Louis in Shadows of the Underworld, and I swear I recall it from a novel at one point. I am pretty sure there is a passing reference in the Lone Star sourcebook as well.

Hope that helps.
LaughingTiger
Thanks for the postings all, I appreciate it.

What you're saying ties in to what I'm writing. My PC's will be out and out criminals, working the smuggling trade. I got a online map of the Sixth World floating out on the web in Adobe Acrobat format that shows the borders of the CAS and UCAS intersecting in the city, nice to know that's somewhat backed up in text. I've decided to make St. Louis a Megaplex as well. For Mr. Farlander's sake, the bounds of the Megaplex include Warren, Jefferson, Franklin, St. Charles St. Clair, Illinois counties.

My PC's will be working with syndicates in the city first as independant operators, then they'll get a chance to pick a faction to work for, as I plan to throw the city into a mob war. Or they can stay independant. Routes run from St. Louie to hot spots like Chicago, Memphis, Nashville, and Kansas City. Anyway, I've rambled enough. I'll get together some of my writings and put something together for the site to give you a peek.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012