Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lead Storm
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Saint Hallow
Quick question... if I go full auto & perform a full narrow burst, I get a +9 to my DV. What if I'm using explosive ammo? Do I get +1 DV per bullet or just a flat +1 DV overall?
Larsine
QUOTE (Saint Hallow @ Sep 12 2011, 06:02 AM) *
Quick question... if I go full auto & perform a full narrow burst, I get a +9 to my DV. What if I'm using explosive ammo? Do I get +1 DV per bullet or just a flat +1 DV overall?

Just a flat +1 DV.
Critias
Yeah, that would be...heh. That would be messy.
Dr.Rockso
If you want that kind of salsa look up the full auto grenade launcher rules from War! .
Saint Hallow
Thinking the next thing I may wanna do is trick out my ares alpha to High Velocity... turn full auto into simple actions & just lay disgusting amount of fire down if (more like the inevitable when) the drek hits the fan I need to kill every muthafragger in the room. smile.gif
Faraday
QUOTE (Saint Hallow @ Sep 12 2011, 05:00 PM) *
Thinking the next thing I may wanna do is trick out my ares alpha to High Velocity... turn full auto into simple actions & just lay disgusting amount of fire down if (more like the inevitable when) the drek hits the fan I need to kill every muthafragger in the room. smile.gif

What, no minigun?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Faraday @ Sep 13 2011, 01:33 AM) *
What, no minigun?

Dual Wielded Miniguns for the Win... smile.gif
Saint Hallow
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 13 2011, 10:51 AM) *

I'm saving up for the mil-spec armor with Strength & weapon arm/mount enhancements, just so i can dual-weild mini-guns with EX-explosive ammo. LOL! cyber.gif
Mardrax
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 13 2011, 04:51 PM) *

With a Trust Fund the size of a third world country to keep those belts fed? wobble.gif

Edit:
QUOTE (Saint Hallow @ Sep 13 2011, 05:54 PM) *
I'm saving up for the mil-spec armor with Strength & weapon arm/mount enhancements, just so i can dual-weild mini-guns with EX-explosive ammo. LOL! cyber.gif

Oh my! You're chartering a first world country instead?
Saint Hallow
No such nuyen worries when it comes to the 'hawk. LOL!

In all seriousness, yeah.... that kind of ammo expenditure is outrageous & would make the operating cost of any run unfeasible. However, I can see a suit like that in some storage area of some corp. Collecting dust, but it's there for "just in case" purposes.
Elfenlied
Well, it's fairly affordable if you stick to standard ammo.

However, if you really want to see some drekhead dead: Minigun/High Velocity Rifle + Capsule Rounds w/ Ringu.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Sep 13 2011, 11:53 AM) *
Well, it's fairly affordable if you stick to standard ammo.

However, if you really want to see some drekhead dead: Minigun/High Velocity Rifle + Capsule Rounds w/ Ringu.

Naah... One dose of Ringu will do that, no need to waste 12-15 rounds to OD them. smile.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 13 2011, 09:05 PM) *
Naah... One dose of Ringu will do that, no need to waste 12-15 rounds to OD them. smile.gif

Using a gas grenade to deliver it takes out a whole bunch of them.
Much cheaper that way.
cool.gif
Elfenlied
QUOTE (Mäx @ Sep 13 2011, 08:53 PM) *
Using a gas grenade to deliver it takes out a whole bunch of them.
Much cheaper that way.
cool.gif

So will suppressive fire with a capsule minigun nyahnyah.gif
Saint Hallow
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 13 2011, 01:05 PM) *

I thought this was SR... anything worth doing, is worth OD-ing. biggrin.gif
Udoshi
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 13 2011, 07:51 AM) *

Why don't you just shorten that to Winigun?

Also

A rating 6 contact can 'loan' you 500 grand worth of bullets.

So the question is.... how fast can you send all those bullets downrange?
Seerow
Really, why stop a dual wielding? Get shiva arms twice, and wield 6 miniguns. Then ride a vehicle with 4 weapon mounts with 4 more. Then put underbarrel miniguns on all 10. Then let loose with 400 bullets per second.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
*Shakes Head*

"What Have I done?"
Faraday
QUOTE (Saint Hallow @ Sep 13 2011, 10:34 AM) *
No such nuyen worries when it comes to the 'hawk. LOL!

In all seriousness, yeah.... that kind of ammo expenditure is outrageous & would make the operating cost of any run unfeasible. However, I can see a suit like that in some storage area of some corp. Collecting dust, but it's there for "just in case" purposes.

It costs $400,000 dollars to fire this weapon... for 12 seconds.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Seerow @ Sep 13 2011, 10:10 PM) *
Really, why stop a dual wielding? Get shiva arms twice, and wield 6 miniguns. Then ride a vehicle with 4 weapon mounts with 4 more. Then put underbarrel miniguns on all 10. Then let loose with 400 bullets per second.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Do this, and post the results in my thread silly.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012