Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post A Picture
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ravensmuse
My wife and I were discussing Japanese street culture last night when I threw it out there that since she loved the stuff, why hasn't she ever played a character inspired by it? And she responded, "sure - but what's my schtick?"

The question stumped me. So Dumpshock, I come to you - take a picture like this, and make a character out of it. Nothing crazy like pixies or anything - actually try to make it a worthwhile, 400BP character.

My wife thanks you for it.
bustedkarma
So when you say Japanese Street Culture, are we talking like Bōsōzoku, and other subcultures?
Seriously Mike
Hmm, let's see. Each custom bot is worth 3 points ( nuyen.gif 15k). Rest of the rigger gear will be also a bit pricey, just so nobody hacks them. But I think I can create the "La Clown" rigger build for a beginner character.
Paul
Mindy MacReady
Human-Female-PhysAd-12

Mindy is a street girl who was rescued from a corporate project that was going to experiment on magically active children. The team that saved her was able to place every child except Mindy-and a member of the team agreed to give Mindy a home. Now she goes to an underground school, training her mind and her body-and although she is magically active she is still young, and has much to learn.

Concept: Neophyte physad, tough and brave but impetuous, connected but new to the game.

Crunch: Total BP: 397

BOD: 3
AGL: 5/7
RCT: 5/7
STR: 3
CHA: 3
INT: 4
LGC: 3
WIL: 3
EDG: 3
INIT: 11
Passes: 3
MGC: 5

Active Skills:

(G) Close Combat 2
(G)Firearms 2
(G)Stealth 3
Dodge 3
Gymnastics 3
Perception 2
Throwing Weapons 2

Knowledge Skills:

Seattle Street gangs 3
Security Procedures 3
Street Drugs 3
Club Music 3
English (N)
Japanese 3
Chinese 3
Spanish 3
French 3

Qualities:
Guts +5BP
Day Job (Small) -5BP: Mindy is supposed to attend school 20 hours a week, plus she works 5 hours a week as a courier for the school. This is monitored by her adopted guardian-but not so closely she has no wiggle room

Adept Powers:
Improved Agility 2
Improved Reflexes 2

Resources: 30,000 Nuyen

Infornography
Adept 200BP

Charisma 6
Magic 6

Disguise 6
Artisan (Cosplay) 6(8)

Inspired (Cosplayers), Fame

Improved Ability (Disguise) 3
Improved Ability (Artisan) 3
Attribute Boost (Charisma) 3
Enthralling Performance
Cool Resolve 2
Facial Sculpt 4
Voice Control
Multi-Tasking
Sustenance
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (Paul @ Sep 16 2011, 01:59 PM) *
Adept Powers:
Improved Agility 2
Improved Reflexes 2

...ninja maid from Hell. My god...
CanRay
QUOTE (Paul @ Sep 16 2011, 06:59 AM) *
Mindy MacReady
Human-Female-PhysAd-12

Mindy is a street girl who was rescued from a corporate project that was going to experiment on magically active children. The team that saved her was able to place every child except Mindy-and a member of the team agreed to give Mindy a home. Now she goes to an underground school, training her mind and her body-and although she is magically active she is still young, and has much to learn.
ShadowSkool Student?
Paul
Do what you will with the character.
ElFenrir
QUOTE (Infornography @ Sep 16 2011, 08:03 AM) *
Adept 200BP

Charisma 6
Magic 6

Disguise 6
Artisan (Cosplay) 6(cool.gif

Inspired (Cosplayers), Fame

Improved Ability (Disguise) 3
Improved Ability (Artisan) 3
Attribute Boost (Charisma) 3
Enthralling Performance
Cool Resolve 2
Facial Sculpt 4
Voice Control
Multi-Tasking
Sustenance

I was going to do something like this, but since it was already done better...yeah. Social adept ALL the way was the first thing that hit in my mind. grinbig.gif
ravensmuse
QUOTE (bustedkarma @ Sep 16 2011, 06:39 AM) *
So when you say Japanese Street Culture, are we talking like Bōsōzoku, and other subcultures?

We were talking about the street fashion culture, actually - EGL, Ganguru, Shibuya, Decora, that sort of thing.

But thank you for reminding me of this! It helps smile.gif

And thanks to the rest of you - I hadn't thought of a social adept, but that is a good idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012