Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RL meets SR
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Erik Baird
Link

A Columbian fashion designer seems to think you should run (away) in style.... There's a fair bit of ignorant anti-gun sniping in the article too, but whadda ya expect for a New Yorker?
hobgoblin
A real life armored jacket: http://www.partners2create.com/products/Je...tection-3A.html
CanRay
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Sep 20 2011, 08:58 AM) *
Good thing I don't live in the North End of Winnipeg or else I might see this as a viable investment.

Doesn't stop me from wanting one if I ever visit the US, however.
Fatum
There is a bunch of armoured clothing in RL already, from "underwear" (well, concealed carry vests) to armoured jackets and trenchcoats.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Fatum @ Sep 20 2011, 11:44 PM) *
There is a bunch of armoured clothing in RL already, from "underwear" (well, concealed carry vests) to armoured jackets and trenchcoats.

And they have been around a while...
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 21 2011, 11:16 AM) *
And they have been around a while...

Since WWI, at least, if we mean ballistic protection. Although they were less effective then they are now.
CanRay
Silk was really popular at one time. Not because it would stop the bullet, but would be less likely to tear and leave clothing in the wound and fester.

Also, if you're lucky enough, you could pull at the shirt and, pop, out comes the arrow or bullet.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 21 2011, 05:14 PM) *
Silk was really popular at one time. Not because it would stop the bullet, but would be less likely to tear and leave clothing in the wound and fester.

Also, if you're lucky enough, you could pull at the shirt and, pop, out comes the arrow or bullet.

Indeed, as odd as that sounds. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012