Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happened to Sphynx?!?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sphynx
So, I'm cleaning up my webserver which has been getting very dusty over the years, and come across my old Shadowrun site. Brings back a LOT of memories, and of course, I remember Dumpshock... nyahnyah.gif Thought I'd stop by, see if my account even exists after 5 years (IT DOES!!! o.O), and say hi. biggrin.gif

We still get together for a 3rd edition game a few times a year, we still take time to mock and hate on 4th edition... Since my last post I've gotten married, had a son who's now in school, and gone up a few hundred karma (though haven't updated character sheets on my site in forever). Life is good.

Hope some of my old friends see this post and comment (not that I'll become active here since it seems to be pretty much all 4e now, but I'm good for a reminescent chat or such) wink.gif
Machiavelli
I may not be an old friend, but my account here is older than yours and therefore i am glad to be the first that welcomes you back.^^ Hope nobodyīs ninja-ing my post. And BTW: you get used to 4th...i did it, you can do it too.^^
Sphynx
Oh, I don't actually hate 4e, we just hate on it (make fun of it). I'm sure I could enjoy a game of it, but I'm old-school, I like rolling 24 6-siders with a TN of 18. I like that all the characters seem much more diverse. I like that I have to pull out 10 books to make the character and that it takes me (an accomplished character creator) hours to do so. nyahnyah.gif

4e probably ain't bad, I'm just too old-school to go learning it. wink.gif
toturi
Hiya. Nice to see you around.
wasgreg
Long time lurker, seldom poster.

Welcome back.

WasGreg waswelcomin'
Shortstraw
a lurker indeed
BookWyrm
Welcome back, Sphynx. Been a while.
Prime Mover
Heya Sphynx. I remember complaining about third edition lol. Fourth edition isn't an infant anymore it has it's own life. It grows own you like magical cybernetic mold. As for crazy dice pools they still exist, just using different math these days.
Sphynx
Couple of questions...

What books are there now? I've got the corebook obviously, as well as Street Magic before I quit even trying... any other game-mechanic books out? Amazon is confusing (can't tell what's a novel or not), and fanpro is all German and doesn't appear to show any new books... nyahnyah.gif

Also... any 3e PbP spots around? o.O
Shortstraw
Unwired
Augmentation
Arsenal
the book that starts with W
Attitude

to name (or not) a few also lots of little pdfs now
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Sep 25 2011, 01:59 PM) *
the book that starts with W

Whoa, is it really so bad we're calling it "The Vile W-Book" now? (not to be confused with The Vile T-Book, teenage sparkly vampire romance)
Shortstraw
No a lot of it isn't that bad (some of it is pretty good) but some of it is and it should be avoided until you are familiar enough with the system to identify the crap and toss it out.
toturi
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Sep 27 2011, 09:01 PM) *
No a lot of it isn't that bad (some of it is pretty good) but some of it is and it should be avoided until you are familiar enough with the system to identify the crap and toss it out.

What is good and what is bad is often highly subjective. Apart from dropping the ball for some rules, I feel that the book is quite alright, no need to toss out anything.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (toturi @ Sep 27 2011, 06:31 AM) *
What is good and what is bad is often highly subjective. Apart from dropping the ball for some rules, I feel that the book is quite alright, no need to toss out anything.

Seconded. It may not be for everyone, but it does have some good content.
Machiavelli
Didnīt found this "good content" you are talking about until now, but i have 2-3 pages left.^^
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Sep 27 2011, 07:23 AM) *
Didnīt found this "good content" you are talking about until now, but i have 2-3 pages left.^^

As Toturi indicated... Quality of Content is highly subjective. smile.gif
Critias
[shameless plug]

Don't forget Spy Games an' Street Legends.

[/shameless plug]
CanRay
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Sep 27 2011, 06:54 AM) *
Whoa, is it really so bad we're calling it "The Vile W-Book" now? (not to be confused with The Vile T-Book, teenage sparkly vampire romance)
We could just call it "Bogota!" as someone else suggested.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Critias @ Sep 27 2011, 09:58 AM) *
[shameless plug]

Don't forget Spy Games an' Street Legends.

[/shameless plug]

Great Stuff in both. Unfortunately, I still have yet to get Street Legends. Soon, I hope. smile.gif
Shortstraw
Spy Games has some cool stuff, street legends.......
Machiavelli
...has good graphics. Cīmon.^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012