Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More stuff out! Second Horizon adventure, new Mission on sale
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JM Hardy
Got two new adventures for you all. One is a shorter, Mission-length adventure (mainly because it's a Mission), and the other is longer, about as long as A Fistful of Credsticks (mainly because it's in that same Horizon-centric series). Check out full details on the blog!

Jason H.
Larsine
I just don't get the title of the Horizon adventure!
hermit
Well, since I bought it, I hopefully can tell you soon-ish.
CanRay
QUOTE (Larsine @ Sep 27 2011, 01:55 PM) *
I just don't get the title of the Horizon adventure!
I'll wait for someone who is going to buy the item to chime in (I can't fit it into my budget without a group. frown.gif ), but likely it's either meant as irony, the fact that Horizon is paying for Anarchy ("Subsidizing" it) that hurts their competition while their own comes out like vat-grown roses, or a combination thereof.

Maybe it's the Punk and Sex Pistols fan in me, but I feel this should be been better aimed for a London adventure with the "Next British Invasion", and been titled "Anarchy in the UK: Subsidized". cyber.gif

Also, we really need a mohawked emoticon. wink.gif
David Hill
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 27 2011, 05:25 PM) *
I'll wait for someone who is going to buy the item to chime in (I can't fit it into my budget without a group. frown.gif ), but likely it's either meant as irony, the fact that Horizon is paying for Anarchy ("Subsidizing" it) that hurts their competition while their own comes out like vat-grown roses, or a combination thereof.

Maybe it's the Punk and Sex Pistols fan in me, but I feel this should be been better aimed for a London adventure with the "Next British Invasion", and been titled "Anarchy in the UK: Subsidized". cyber.gif

Also, we really need a mohawked emoticon. wink.gif

Alas, the Sex Pistols quote could have made it funnier.

It was a bit of irony. Effectively, Horizon is paying to stir up potentially deadly, controversial chaos. Either they hurt the competition, or they end up with a major moneymaker in a mega successful pop star. Either way, they win.

The adventure was written with a bit of cyberpunk nostalgia in mind. I wanted to emphasize the "punk" a bit, and try for a slightly different flavor than I'm used to for Shadowrun adventures. I hope people dig it.
CanRay
I might have to check out these Horizon adventures now if we're bringing punk back into play!
hermit
The first was more like a one-way trip on the facebook railroad. Haven't read the second yet, but it is something about an artist defecting, from what I saw glancing it over. Might be worth it. The first only works if the LA setting Reality TV Jersey Shore runners are your kind of game and falls flat if someone does not run around with only one commlink.
CanRay
Well, even if I did get my group back together, they've already decided they hate LA... Something about having to extract someone from The Magic Kingdom, and then going to Aztlan to get a Shadowrunner that dresses up like Batman out of trouble in San Diego.
David Hill
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 28 2011, 10:55 AM) *
I might have to check out these Horizon adventures now if we're bringing punk back into play!

That was my personal goal. It's all about destroying reputations and fucking shit up for fun and profit.

But the question is: Who is having fun, and who is profiting?
CanRay
Punks having fun and Horizon profiting?
David Hill
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 28 2011, 05:48 PM) *
Punks having fun and Horizon profiting?

I think that's the default state. But there's plenty of room for turning tables in there. The adventure is really just an enormous smear campaign. Played well, the runners could cause a ton of damage to Horizon.

I think we also managed to get references to this specific adventure (and in particular, the pop idol android) into both War and Attitude.
CanRay
Wait... Caution Tape Girl?
ggodo
Caution Tape Android?
David Hill
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 29 2011, 01:16 AM) *
Wait... Caution Tape Girl?

Can I just go on record saying that Caution Tape Girl plays no part in Anarchy: Subsidized?
ggodo
I just assumed that she was /Dev/grrl. Kids these days with their goblin rock and clothes made outta tape.
CanRay
/dev/grrl is too young to be her. She's still underage. Barely at this point, IIRC.
ggodo
I was mostly joking, but I had no idea /dev/grrl's age.
CanRay
She's also had a Corporate Education, which explains why she's with a group of High-End Shadowrunners, yet is /derp/grrl most of the time. She's only had the Corporations view of world history and is just being set...

Well, not exactly right. I mean, the JackPoint crew has their own slant to historical events as well... But it's closer to reality than what she's getting from her TutorSofts.
BookWyrm
I liked Caution Tape Girl (if you mean the cover of Attitude)....but then again, I've seen some *VERY* creative uses for Caution Tape......
Megu
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 30 2011, 01:51 PM) *
/derp/grrl

I LOVE IT
CanRay
QUOTE (Megu @ Oct 3 2011, 03:17 PM) *
I LOVE IT
Most people do. She is, however, learning, and quickly. But she's got a lot of holes in her wetware when it comes to dealing with the Shadows, as well as history and other issues due to only starting to learn about the world as it really is from a few years ago.

Compare that to Slamm-0! at a similar age, who grew up as a Second-Generation Shadowrunner, and wasn't the naive child-genius due to having learned about history and world events from his (Neo-@) parents and ShadowLand.

Funny thing is, /dev/grrl is more mature at her age than he is right now... Go figure. nyahnyah.gif
ggodo
Yeah, but which of them is involved in bringing Deus into the meatworld by way of a human infant?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (ggodo @ Oct 3 2011, 03:15 PM) *
Yeah, but which of them is involved in bringing Deus into the meatworld by way of a human infant?

That is just a Rumor... If that...
Methinks people worry way to much about Conspiracies... smile.gif
ggodo
ALL HAIL STORMAGEDDON DARK LORD OF ALL!

Sorry, just slipped out. . .
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (ggodo @ Oct 3 2011, 08:41 PM) *

Heh.... smile.gif
BookWyrm
QUOTE (ggodo @ Oct 3 2011, 09:41 PM) *

I hear he likes being called Alfie now......
Prime Mover
Alfie Lord of Darkness.....just not as intimidating. Unless it's a dark alley and he's a troll.
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Oct 17 2011, 08:19 AM) *
Alfie Lord of Darkness.....just not as intimidating. Unless it's a dark alley and he's a troll.

Depends on who you ask. Let us NOT forget the lesson of Kissybear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012