Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repair drone
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Major Doom
Is there a drone that would be ideal for repairs, such as slapping a drone with the Profession Autosoft (Unwired, page 114), and Mechanical Arm modification (Arsenal, page 139)? Maybe even a flying one?

Any ideas, suggestions?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Major Doom @ Sep 29 2011, 09:34 AM) *
Is there a drone that would be ideal for repairs, such as slapping a drone with the Profession Autosoft (Unwired, page 114), and Mechanical Arm modification (Arsenal, page 139)? Maybe even a flying one?

Any ideas, suggestions?

The Lockheed Vulcan (In Arsenal) might be what you are looking for. Arguably, you could use an Otomo for that as well, but would be a massive waste of funds.
Yerameyahu
I think the answer is simply 'yes'; anything with X-Mechanic and Mechanical Arm(s). I think a flying option would be trickier, but that's a fluff concern (beyond the requirement of hovering/matching speed of moving 'patient').
fdnickerson
The GM Mr. Fix It from Runner's Companion comes with a Rating 3 Build/Repair Autosoft, Toolkit, and Mechanical Arm. It costs 6,000 nuyen.gif .
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (fdnickerson @ Sep 29 2011, 10:27 AM) *
The GM Mr. Fix It from Runner's Companion comes with a Rating 3 Build/Repair Autosoft, Toolkit, and Mechanical Arm. It costs 6,000 nuyen.gif .

THAT's the one I was thinking of but could not find... smile.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (fdnickerson @ Sep 29 2011, 12:27 PM) *
I know what my character will have to get next. His place is a wreck... Stupid ex-crash pad...
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (Major Doom @ Sep 29 2011, 06:34 PM) *

Any ideas, suggestions?

A bunch of Bust-A-Moves dressed in toy-sized coveralls would be awesome if you're going for the "Santa's Little Helpers" look. Otherwise, maybe a servant drone (they have arms as standard) or modded delivery bot with manipulators instead of guns and appropriate toolkit in the cargo compartment. I might put the latter in one of my NPC's auto shop.
CanRay
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Sep 29 2011, 12:44 PM) *
Otherwise, maybe a servant drone (they have arms as standard) or modded delivery bot with manipulators instead of guns and appropriate toolkit in the cargo compartment. I might put the latter in one of my NPC's auto shop.
Something like this?
Miri
Renraku Manservent..
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 29 2011, 08:05 PM) *

Referring to "servant drone" or "delivery bot"? If the former, I had Renraku Manservant in mind, if the latter, it was the GMC Chariot (some enterprising Shadowrunners bought craploads of them as they were replaced by the newer model).
Major Doom
I was thinking of getting the EVO Orderly, which comes with Mechanical Arms, Specialty Kit (Medkit 6), and Walker Mode, and modifying it with Special Machinery (Mechanical Toolkit) and Valkyrie Module, so the drone can repair a vehicle and a metahuman.
Seriously Mike
...all right, but can it take as many mods? Valkyrie is pretty big to start with, if I remember correctly.
Udoshi
QUOTE (fdnickerson @ Sep 29 2011, 11:27 AM) *

I was typing this very response when I noticed someone already posted it.

The RC has some surprisingly useful drones in it.
Neowulf
QUOTE (Major Doom @ Sep 29 2011, 12:28 PM) *
I was thinking of getting the EVO Orderly, which comes with Mechanical Arms, Specialty Kit (Medkit 6), and Walker Mode, and modifying it with Special Machinery (Mechanical Toolkit) and Valkyrie Module, so the drone can repair a vehicle and a metahuman.

Till something gets crossed in it's pilot program, and it starts mixing up "Troll, male, gunshot wound in upper left arm" with "Troll, male, scheduled tire rotation and oil change".
Yerameyahu
I didn't know RC had *any* gear in it, including drones. Man!
Neraph
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 29 2011, 03:54 PM) *
I didn't know RC had *any* gear in it, including drones. Man!

In the extended Lifestyle section. GM Mr. Fixit is almost identical to the Vulcan, to the point that I only really remember that they are in different books.

I would also put in another suggestion for the Manservant. Fuzzy Logic, Adaptability autosoft, load it with various mechanics 'softs, and a few toolboxes and he can figure out the rest. Basically like the drones from the Star Wars pod racing circuits seen here at 7 seconds.
CanRay
Only, you know, not as stupid. Hopefully.
Neraph
Well Pilot 3, Adaptability 3, and Fuzzy Logic is 6 dice normally and up to 9 dice total for autonomy. You can only expect so much.

Now Pilot 1 with Fuzzy Logic is probably what those poor excuse for comic relief droids were.
Major Doom
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Sep 29 2011, 04:24 PM) *
...all right, but can it take as many mods? Valkyrie is pretty big to start with, if I remember correctly.

Valkyrie Module just takes up 2 slots. Honestly I don't think I would need to add it, since the EVO Orderly comes with Medkit, but I wanted to go crazy and cover all bases for a multi-purpose drone. The GM Mr. Fix-It would definitely fit my needs, but adding the Profession (Automotive Mechanic) Autosoft to the EVO Orderly would be cost-effective in the end.
Seriously Mike
Evo Orderly is a huge walking wheelchair/hospital bed. Mr Fixit with a Valkyrie Module is much smaller.
Major Doom
EVO is only medium-sized drone, which can even double as a nice reclining chair for lazy strolls through the park, while you sleep. But the Mr Fix-It sounds like a very good idea indeed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the slot maximum for a Mr Fix-It (small drone) is 4, as per the rule in "Slots, Slot Maximum, and Overmodification" in Arsenal, page 129?
Seriously Mike
Exactly. Unless it has more Body than 4.
ggodo
Longbow's hacker rolls about in an Orderly. The team has used his "Serious Medical Issues" as cover a couple of times.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (ggodo @ Sep 30 2011, 02:17 PM) *
Longbow's hacker rolls about in an Orderly. The team has used his "Serious Medical Issues" as cover a couple of times.

*Shakes Head* That is so wrong... smile.gif
CanRay
Or completely right. Unless there's some joke about Longbow that I don't know.
ggodo
The Rigger has Body 1 and is pretty much unable to move outside of the orderly. It's been pretty funny to see how they've used his disablity to pass off some of the rest of the team as Bodyguards for this helpless dignitary. Of course it probably helps that they have an actual doctor on the team. . .
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Sep 29 2011, 06:44 PM) *
A bunch of Bust-A-Moves dressed in toy-sized coveralls would be awesome if you're going for the "Santa's Little Helpers" look.

What team doesn't buy these mofos in bulk?
CanRay
One of wealth and taste?
Christian Lafay
I'll give ya taste. Wealth just means you have enough money to make into X-ploding Hug Buddiesİ and buy replacements on the regular.
Miri
Do they say "Hi! My name is Chucky!" Before they hug you and boom?
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (ggodo @ Oct 1 2011, 12:31 AM) *
The Rigger has Body 1 and is pretty much unable to move outside of the orderly. It's been pretty funny to see how they've used his disablity to pass off some of the rest of the team as Bodyguards for this helpless dignitary. Of course it probably helps that they have an actual doctor on the team. . .

Whoa. Ocean's Eleven got nothing on those guys.
Mardrax
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 1 2011, 01:10 AM) *
One of wealth and taste?

One that has people guessing their name while the nature of their game puzzles them?
CanRay
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Oct 1 2011, 06:18 PM) *
One that has people guessing their name while the nature of their game puzzles them?
But of course!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012