Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Innate Spells
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lilt
It says that the creature's essence is used for sorcery, would a creature with spell pool be able to add its pool to the test? What about Combat Pool?

And a bit I never noticed before.
QUOTE (P11 Critters & P264 SR3)
Effects that mimic elemental manipulation spells cannot be completely dodged with combat pool alone.

How do you read this? Can someone make a dodge test and still reduce the attacker's successes or can they just make a body test?

Lastly: Could the attack test be centered on using centering for Ranged Combat or similar?
BitBasher
QUOTE (P11 Critters & P264 SR3)
Effects that mimic elemental manipulation spells cannot be completely dodged with combat pool alone.

How do you read this? Can someone make a dodge test and still reduce the attacker's successes or can they just make a body test?

I would say than the dice could be used on a dodge test, but it could not be actually dodged, the suceses are just used to stage down damage. Eh, or the dice have to be used on the damage resistance test as dodging is impossible... im on the fence...

No to spell pool, yes to centering on the other two questions.
GunnerJ
How do you read this?

I ignore it, personally.
Zazen
Me too. It never made sense to me.
A Clockwork Lime
It means exactly what it says. Against Innate Spell that includes elemental manipulation effects, and only against Innate Spell that includes elemental manipulation effects, simply countering the critter's Successes on a Dodge Test does not completely dodge the effect as they do under normal circumstances. You still have to gain enough successes to reduce it below Light either with remaining successes on the Dodge Test or through a Damage Resistance Test.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012