Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR3 PDFs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bigity
Good grief the pricing on these SR3 pdfs seems crazy. Getting an iPad2 and thought I'd see about picking up pdfs of my older books. 20ish bucks for SR3 pdf? Seems pricey for something I have two hard-copies of.

Bigity
As a secondary question/comment, I know DriveThruRPG watermarks the PDFs you buy. What about BattleCorps (never gotten one from that site)?
BishopMcQ
battlecorps does not watermark the PDFs.
Bigity
The other site seems cheaper, watermark or no smile.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Bigity @ Oct 10 2011, 10:08 AM) *
Seems pricey for something I have two hard-copies of.
And for those of us that have next to no books, and no chance at a second-hand option?
Bigity
Yea, those folks too smile.gif

I understand some work may have had to be done to get them ready for distro, but whew. smile.gif
PeteThe1
Ebay is your friend. And you get real books too!
Bigity
I don't need real books. I own them, have for years. I, have however, if you read my post, recently acquired an iPad, and would like electronic versions of my SR3 (and older would be nice, but I don't think but a book or two are for sale in pdf format) books, at least the ones FanPro released in that format.
CanRay
QUOTE (PeteThe1 @ Oct 10 2011, 07:48 PM) *
Ebay is your friend. And you get real books too!
Do not get me starting on shipping things to/within Canada! With Canadian Customs, eBay is the Devil, along with almost any other shippers that don't know what they're doing EXACTLY with Canada Customs.
QUOTE (Bigity @ Oct 10 2011, 08:15 PM) *
I don't need real books. I own them, have for years. I, have however, if you read my post, recently acquired an iPad, and would like electronic versions of my SR3 (and older would be nice, but I don't think but a book or two are for sale in pdf format) books, at least the ones FanPro released in that format.
I'm going to guess that Pete was aiming that comment at me and my statement.

Yes, pricey, but when the alternative is eBay (Hiss!) or used book stores and dumb luck... Well, at least I know the quality is good from PDFs, right?
Bigity
He probably was and my apologies to him for being snarky smile.gif
Adam
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 10 2011, 09:49 PM) *
Do not get me starting on shipping things to/within Canada! With Canadian Customs, eBay is the Devil, along with almost any other shippers that don't know what they're doing EXACTLY with Canada Customs.

Pro tip #1: Buy from sellers within Canada. Not only do you avoid higher shipping/customs costs, but you also often get better prices because USA and other international buyers don't want to buy from Canada for the exact same reason you don't want to buy from outside of Canada.

Pro Tip #2: Blaming eBay when the problem is sellers is like blaming the road for bad drivers.
CanRay
Actually, I'd rather blame Canada Customs, but that's like blaming a dragon for eating you with ketchup because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
DamienKnight
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 11 2011, 09:28 PM) *
Actually, I'd rather blame Canada Customs, but that's like blaming a dragon for eating you with ketchup because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

LoL!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012