Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Online
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
ggodo
http://www.cliffhanger-productions.com/con...t/details/id/65

This is a thing, a thing that looks more like the SNES than the xbox. I'm ok with this.
Ol' Scratch
Hasn't that been around for years? As in many, many, many years?
ggodo
I think this is a different one. The other one doesn't have official anything, and hasn't updated in maybe a decade. I think.
Dr.Rockso
They sure are taking their time developing this thing; I remember hearing about this awhile ago. But that screen shot does inspire hope.
CanRay
They got other irons in the fire as well, not just Shadowrun. And I'd rather a wait and a good job than a quicky and garbage.

Then again, look at Duke Nukem: Forever. Which now has DLC. *Shakes Head* Someone really screwed up with that one, throwing good money after bad.
Fix-it
you didn't read the thread in general gaming?
KarmaInferno
Yeah, we've been discussing it for months now in that thread. One of the developers has even been posting there.

-k
ggodo
I've never been in the general gaming forum. I've always been confused as to it's purpose.
CanRay
QUOTE (ggodo @ Oct 13 2011, 09:44 PM) *
I've never been in the general gaming forum. I've always been confused as to it's purpose.
It's for the DumpShockers to spout off about stuff that isn't the Shadowrun RPG, but still gaming. nyahnyah.gif
ggodo
But, why would I do that? This is Shadowrun forum.
CanRay
QUOTE (ggodo @ Oct 13 2011, 11:07 PM) *
But, why would I do that? This is Shadowrun forum.
This isn't just The Shadowrun Forum...

This...

Is...

DUMPSHOCK!

Why did someone put a wooden cover over the huge bottomless pit? It's great to kick random people and things into...
vladski
I believe they are adding a bottom so things can actually go "AAAAHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh..splat" instead of just "AAAHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh........................." Sometimes we need resolution.

Vlad
CanRay
Oh. I thought the painters just forgot to get rid of it after they did the ceiling.
vladski
Painters? What painters? There aren't any painters on the approved visitors sheet... Did anyone actually look at their work order forms? Hey, why is Monitor 2 all static-y?

Vlad
Thanee
The prototype screenshot looks nice. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
ggodo
Steve? HEY STEVE! Better get up here, I think we're gonna see some action!
CanRay
QUOTE (vladski @ Oct 14 2011, 12:00 AM) *
Painters? What painters? There aren't any painters on the approved visitors sheet... Did anyone actually look at their work order forms? Hey, why is Monitor 2 all static-y?

Vlad
You know they're good when they can pull a 'Run on the DumpShock. wink.gif
raben-aas
Meanwhile, there's a first video of the SRO concept plus an interview (in German).

http://www.buffed.de/Shadowrun-Online-PC-2...nspiels-852409/

Key Facts:
– SRO will include technomancers and adepts
– SRO will be placed in the "here and now" of SR (2073+), but will look a little more classic/punkish (because we wanna SEE our implants in a video game)
– SRO will have storylines that cross over into P&P and vice versa (close co-operation with publishers, metaplot advances across all platforms/channels/media)
– SRO will not have a separate "mini game" for hackers that force streetsams etc. to wait for a single player doing his stuff. Hacking will be integrated into the regular "flow" of the game
– There is a Shadowrun High Elder council (SHE) where SR authors/developers watch over Cliffhanger to not mess things up smile.gif
– Scheduled date of release will be January to March 2013
Stahlseele
Thanks Aas!
Stahlseele
OK, so i registered on Cliffhanger Productions Board too, and they are a nice bunch it seems.
Anybody else wanna come and talk with them a bit maybe? Seems a bit empty over there right now.
Link goes here.
Tech_Rat
QUOTE (raben-aas @ Nov 1 2011, 08:00 AM) *
Meanwhile, there's a first video of the SRO concept plus an interview (in German).

http://www.buffed.de/Shadowrun-Online-PC-2...nspiels-852409/

Key Facts:
– SRO will include technomancers and adepts
– SRO will be placed in the "here and now" of SR (2073+), but will look a little more classic/punkish (because we wanna SEE our implants in a video game)
– SRO will have storylines that cross over into P&P and vice versa (close co-operation with publishers, metaplot advances across all platforms/channels/media)
– SRO will not have a separate "mini game" for hackers that force streetsams etc. to wait for a single player doing his stuff. Hacking will be integrated into the regular "flow" of the game
– There is a Shadowrun High Elder council (SHE) where SR authors/developers watch over Cliffhanger to not mess things up smile.gif
– Scheduled date of release will be January to March 2013

That was all I needed... smile.gif
Tanegar
QUOTE (raben-aas @ Nov 1 2011, 09:00 AM) *
metaplot advances across all platforms/channels/media

I kind of wish the whole idea of metaplot had never been invented. At the very least, it should be completely optional: I should be able to ignore it with impunity without having to change anything about my game.
primetide
That is the case for SRO - if you are interested, you can see how you can help advance the plot in a direction you prefer - or you can just ignore that and do your own thang....
CanRay
All right! Shooting people in the face for money it is! biggrin.gif With my team of Lesbian Elf Stripper Ninjas!
Stahlseele
Prime, you'll have to excuse Ray here . .
This may be the first time in his life, that he actually gets to PLAY Shadowrun AT ALL . .
Usually, he has to be the GM for obvious Reasons ^^
CanRay
*Pouts* Twenty. Fraggin'. YEARS.
Stahlseele
poor canadian guy ^^
CanadianWolverine
He isn't alone. I wonder if Canadians in general have trouble getting table top gaming going, it seems like it is more than just geography.
Stahlseele
Maybe?
CanRay
QUOTE (CanadianWolverine @ Nov 8 2011, 03:50 PM) *
He isn't alone. I wonder if Canadians in general have trouble getting table top gaming going, it seems like it is more than just geography.
I think it's just that there isn't a new generation of Gamers coming up, they're all playing MMOs as they figure there's no one around that would understand them.

Or they're too lazy to figure out all those crazy dice. Or do math.
KarmaInferno
I blame Poutine.

-k
Fabe
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 8 2011, 03:55 PM) *
I think it's just that there isn't a new generation of Gamers coming up, they're all playing MMOs as they figure there's no one around that would understand them.

Or they're too lazy to figure out all those crazy dice. Or do math.

I would says it's both, plus only nerds play table top games,all the cool kids are at home,alone,swearing into their mics because some one head shoted them in CoD.
primetide
see, this is why we added the headshot option to our game. now you can be like the cool kids!
Stahlseele
As long as it has all the right modifiers, like shadowrun allways had . .
I stll remember it being practically impossible to shoot yourself in the head . .
CanRay
QUOTE (Fabe @ Nov 9 2011, 02:23 AM) *
I would says it's both, plus only nerds play table top games,all the cool kids are at home,alone,swearing into their mics because some one head shoted them in CoD.
Damnit! They're stealing our culture!!! Used to be only nerds played video games at home as well! Cool kids went to the arcade and got some weed at the same time.

Or was that only in my hometown?
Tech_Rat
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 9 2011, 12:07 PM) *
Damnit! They're stealing our culture!!! Used to be only nerds played video games at home as well! Cool kids went to the arcade and got some weed at the same time.

Or was that only in my hometown?

No weed in my old arcade. Crystal Meth, on the other hand...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012