Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should've hired pros
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Saint Hallow
Anyone remember Demolition Man & how in the future, you had the Franchise Wars? Seems like 2 men had started it recently. Dominos should've just hired some professional shadowrunners, & let the job get done nicely. wobble.gif
darthmord
Agreed. Hiring some pros would have been a better course of action.

The best course of action would be to make a better product and let *IT* slay the opposition.
CanRay
Oh, please, that would have taken effort.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (darthmord @ Nov 2 2011, 10:11 AM) *
Agreed. Hiring some pros would have been a better course of action.

The best course of action would be to make a better product and let *IT* slay the opposition.

They claim to have tried that. It didn't work. And everyone knows plan B is always explosions (they set a fire, it still counts...)
Daylen
I'm not sure what world that writer is from, but I've always had great pizza from Papa John's.

I think they would have done better by obtaining rodents and finding a way to release the rodents in the Papa John's or maybe pay off an insider to put hair and obvious animal appendages in the pizzas as a topping.
Fix-it
QUOTE (Daylen @ Nov 2 2011, 08:31 AM) *
I'm not sure what world that writer is from, but I've always had great pizza from Papa John's.

I think they would have done better by obtaining rodents and finding a way to release the rodents in the Papa John's or maybe pay off an insider to put hair and obvious animal appendages in the pizzas as a topping.

Bribing the health inspector would be easier, if he or she is open to monetary coercion.
Daylen
QUOTE (Fix-it @ Nov 2 2011, 03:45 PM) *
Bribing the health inspector would be easier, if he or she is open to monetary coercion.

Unless the Health Inspector is Larry the Cable Guy.
darthmord
I find it greatly amusing that we came up with significantly better plans & contingencies in the span of a couple hours.

And we are the good guys... (I think)

PS: Canray, very true.
CanRay
Yeah, well, don't forget that we think about this kind of stuff all the time. Especially GMs who need to get adventures going for stuff like this.

Hell, the "Cola Wars" described in one of the 4th Edition book's fiction sounds like a riot.

As for us being the "Good Guys". We're just folk. Some are good, some are bad, and some are just assholes.

I think I'm in the third group.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 2 2011, 12:54 PM) *
As for us being the "Good Guys". We're just folk. Some are good, some are bad, and some are just assholes.

I think I'm in the third group.

Really? Honestly CanRay, you strike me as an all around nice person! nyahnyah.gif
Hound
the problem with the plans involving paying people off is that then there is a legitimate citizen who knows about the scheme. Keeping a secret with two friends is hard enough, but when you add in a stranger, someone will know who let those rats out or whatever. So yeah, I'm more for doing it yourself. Having worked in a private security company for a while, I can say that you can get quite a bit done before anyone actually shows up, especially if you're clever about it. Most guys run away as soon as the alarms go off, but you really have anywhere between ten minutes and several hours before anyone shows up. That's assuming they even have real security cameras and such in the first place. Then you just have to have the rats appear in a few different cities and such, and bam the whole corporation is called into question.
Daylen
QUOTE (Hound @ Nov 3 2011, 02:42 AM) *
the problem with the plans involving paying people off is that then there is a legitimate citizen who knows about the scheme. Keeping a secret with two friends is hard enough, but when you add in a stranger, someone will know who let those rats out or whatever. So yeah, I'm more for doing it yourself. Having worked in a private security company for a while, I can say that you can get quite a bit done before anyone actually shows up, especially if you're clever about it. Most guys run away as soon as the alarms go off, but you really have anywhere between ten minutes and several hours before anyone shows up. That's assuming they even have real security cameras and such in the first place. Then you just have to have the rats appear in a few different cities and such, and bam the whole corporation is called into question.

The trouble with that is the alarm. If it goes off then management will know something is wrong. Should there be security cameras this gets even more troublesome. Of course one could do dirty deeds during the day using the method of rat delivery from "The One". Simply use shoes with huge heels or souls to conceal a rat. Go into the business to order food, then calmly press the wireless button that releases the rat.
Dr.Rockso
And because no one mentioned this yet
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012