Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gecko tips, on a drone!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Seriously Mike
So, scientists have invented something called "fibrillar dry adhesives", based on the abilities of geckos. And to test it, they built a robot that drives on walls.
Now I want gloves and socks covered with the stuff. However I am afraid that wallcrawling at my work is against the regulations.
Fix-it
IIRC the problem with these materials in current form is most any liquid, water or oil, will ruin their gripping ability.
when they say Dry, they mean it.
CanRay
Won't work in Seattle or Vancouver then. nyahnyah.gif
TheOOB
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 3 2011, 09:17 PM) *
Won't work in Seattle or Vancouver then. nyahnyah.gif

Oh, it doesn't rain up here in the Emerald City all the time. Sometimes it's just clouds. nyahnyah.gif
Faraday
Make that a lot of the time. I'd say you have less than a 50/50 chance of rain any given day if you have cloud cover here.

It's the rain shadow, though. Further north than UW, you get to see the strange and fickle effects of the regional convergence zone.
Brainpiercing7.62mm
Check this thing out:

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/worlds-first-...deo-25-10-2011/

(not sure if this was posted before.) I saw a vid of it flying on a german site, looks really cool and very SR!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012