Coil and Snake across the Sky,
Rain and Thunder roar.
KosherPickle
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
Eastern Dragon
Serpent of the Clouds,
Coil and Snake across the Sky,
Rain and Thunder roar.

Feh. All the cool dragons are Western. It's the way to be, man!
Fortune
So who voted 'other'? And what did y'all mean by that vote?
Boondocker
I voted 'Other,' and I meant a Tickle-Me-Dunkie doll. No way I'd want to meet any of those behemoths eye-to-eye. That's a little too close to its mouth.

(But if I hadn't picked 'Other' I'd have picked a Leviathan. That would rock.)
Hasagwan
LOL@ Boondocker

I'll go east just because they are so very cool looking, flying around with no wings and having some resemblence to a snake.

Rajaat99
Western Dragons are the coolest and most scary looking IMHO. Which makes them my favorite.
Ancient History
Ah likes Gorgons.
Lucyfersam
It's got to be Leviathan's, I was so pleased when they finally introduced them in Dot6W. I love the sea based concepts in SR in general (the aqua domes, the pirates), and the introduction of Leviathan's makes it complete, and actually conforms very closely to what I've done in the past anyway, which rocks.
Ned
I voted other.
I'm a big fan of the Aitvaras myself. Of course the jury is still out on whether or not this is actually a dracoform. On one hand, I wish they had touched on this critter some more in DotSW, but on the other, I'm glad it's still a mystery.
Kanada Ten
Feathered Serpent
Stalker of the Jungle dark
Emerald hunter of the Heart

hear thy rustle all around
hear thy hiss in the ground

Shimmer like thy Butterfly
Disappear into the sky

Secret soul of passion fire
Flowers on my death bed pyre

Aztec Poem Excerpt

There is nothing like death in war,
nothing like the flowery death
so precious to Him who gives life:
far off I see it: my heart yearns for it! 

And they called it Teotihulcan
because it was the place
where the lords were buried.
Thus they said: 

'When we die,
truly we die not,
because we will live, we will rise,
we will continue living, we will awaken
This will make us happy.' 

Thus the dead one was directed,
when he died: 

'Awaken, already the sky is rosy,
already dawn has come,
already sing the flame-coloured guans,
the fire-coloured swallows,
already the butterflies fly.' 

Digital Heroin
So here I sit, thinking yeah, I could vote for your run of the mil ( wobble.gif ), garden variety ( lick.gif ) Western Dragon... then I remembered the craziest motherfraggin' thing I ever got bored enough to conjure... the Mutated Toxic Great Western Dragon... Attomix as the cult worshipping him called him... so yeah... just think about it...
Lockjaw
i liked one that i saw on a website somewhere once, vampire dragons
mattness pl
I voted Western Dragons. When I played AD&D our GM bought Council of Wyrm sourcebook. Cool idea to play a dragon. But we never do that sarcastic.gif . Unfortunetly, i think is not possible to convert CoW into SR world:( .
Firyoshin
Eastern Dragons are the best IMHO. Western are alittle reckless, feathered are feathered, and sea-dragons need to walk on land again. We hope that one day they will walk again.
lokugh
QUOTE (mattness pl)
I voted Western Dragons. When I played AD&D our GM bought Council of Wyrm sourcebook. Cool idea to play a dragon. But we never do that sarcastic.gif . Unfortunetly, i think is not possible to convert CoW into SR world:( .

Possibly not, but GURPS (Steve Jackson games) has a sourcebook out allowing you to be a Dragon character. Easy enough to translate to SR (or to translate SR to GURPS, if you prefer...)
Johnson
Each dragon is good but my favourite is definatly the Eastern as new light has been shed
mattness pl
QUOTE (lokugh)
QUOTE (mattness pl @ Aug 20 2004, 02:32 PM)

Possibly not, but GURPS (Steve Jackson games) has a sourcebook out allowing you to be a Dragon character. Easy enough to translate to SR (or to translate SR to GURPS, if you prefer...)

lokugh=> when i meant I think it's not possible to play [a dragon in SR universe] i was thinking about game balance(we can't play blood&toxic shamans, don't we?), not the technical problems eith conversion, chummer:cyber: . But maybe i'm wrong - heck, i want to:D . It'll be great to play dunkelzahn (great) cousin grinbig.gif
Eastern dragons fans=> I can't change my mind. I raised on fairy tales about western dragons(check topic about calozerca/smok wawelki in SoE Poland section;) )
lokugh
QUOTE (mattness pl)
lokugh=> when i meant I think it's not possible to play [a dragon in SR universe] i was thinking about game balance(we can't play blood&toxic shamans, don't we?), not the technical problems eith conversion, chummer:cyber: . But maybe i'm wrong - heck, i want to:D . It'll be great to play dunkelzahn (great) cousin grinbig.gif
Eastern dragons fans=> I can't change my mind. I raised on fairy tales about western dragons(check topic about calozerca/smok wawelki in SoE Poland section;) )

You could. I doubt you could have a good SR campaign centered around playing a Great, but you could probably create a decent campaign centered around being younger dragons working for a GD, or a small group of young adult dragons who have gone into business for themselves (like Perianwyr).

You could even pretend to be metahuman, with all members taking a "secret" flaw. It would be a high powered campaign, but doable. One that springs to mind immediately, is a covert ops group working for Hualpa against Aztlan. Maybe a dragon, a couple of drakes and an elf or something. 'Tis a thought, anyway.
Chasgul III
I vote Other.

I think the concept of the Dracolich is not to be missed.

Imagine a Dragon so old that it needs to sustain its life-force magically.

That would probably give the current Great Dragons something to worry about.
Mr.Platinum
Page 145 DOT6W.

And the cover!
viggo
QUOTE (Chasgul III)
I vote Other.

I think the concept of the Dracolich is not to be missed.

Imagine a Dragon so old that it needs to sustain its life-force magically.

That would probably give the current Great Dragons something to worry about.

I like the way you operate.
Schattentanz
I voted for Western DRagons. I really like them because they are tall and they have wings. My favourite one is Lofwyr biggrin.gif
mfb
klaatu! berrada! nicto!
Bitten Twice
Western dragon for this girl here.
Although the Leviathan is amusing and close to resembling the Midgardswyrm/worm. Nah, western dragon and brute power for me.
MK Ultra
Well, it´s really hard to decide between east and west for me. I really liked Big D a lot and Ghostwalker is pretty cool. Lofwyr though, is my favourit west by close margin, cuz he´s really super cool (from a GM´s standpoint, where I mostly get stuck sleepy.gif ). But I allso like the great easterns very much and since I´m a bit sinophile, Lung is my absolute favourite, even above Lofwyr, so I had to vote for East.
September
Feathered serpents are just cool. It's something about the feathers and the toxic bite. Y'know, if their toxin doesn't get you, their color scheme will? That kind've thing. True class.
ChuckRozool
Quetzalcoatls are the way to go.

That's all I got to say about that...

You know i think the feathered serpent of old represented wisdom and possibly even wind. Well Quetzalcoatl did at any rate...

Also, if the Aztecs hadn't decided to follow Huitzilopochtli, they would have followed Quetzalcoatl. This would have meant that sacrifices might not of happened, since Quetzalcoatl was against that sort of thing.

well i gots to go...

peace out
Thyme Lost
I voted Western... But I'd just like to meet a dragon... one that didn't eat me...

Thyme...
Thyme Lost
I also wouldn't mind meeting a drake...

Thyme...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012