Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Critter Power "Binding" vs Vehicles
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jack Fremont
Tried searching for this but couldn't find anything, especially considering wording involved.

The critter power Binding sticks things to other things then requires a strength+body test opposed by the critter's magic + willpower to break free. Could a vehicle, namely a parked one, be the target of this power? If so, what sort of test would be required to break free? Pilot + Body?

Thanks
Paul
I'd be tempted to use Body+Acceleration. Holding a vehicle in one spot seems significantly harder than binding a person. But I don't know off the top of my head if the books actually address this.
Yerameyahu
While 'forgetting' to either specify that a power only works on animate/inanimate objects, or giving the alternate DPs, is apparently the norm for our rules, AFAIK vehicles more or less use Body for Strength. So, I'd say: allow it, and use Body*2.
DMiller
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Nov 15 2011, 12:41 AM) *
While 'forgetting' to either specify that a power only works on animate/inanimate objects, or giving the alternate DPs, is apparently the norm for our rules, AFAIK vehicles more or less use Body for Strength. So, I'd say: allow it, and use Body*2.

Yup, Body is substituted in several places for Strength for vehicles. I'd also go with Body*2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012