Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: semi-autonomous delivery van, anyone?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
http://www.gizmag.com/vw-et/20543/

Looks damn sexy even.
Seriously Mike
Yeah, because GMC delivery bots can't smile, as opposed to live couriers who need autonomous vans to drive alongside them while they're filling mailboxes.
CanRay
GMC Delivery Bots can't steal and read your mail, either.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Nov 19 2011, 11:32 PM) *
Yeah, because GMC delivery bots can't smile, as opposed to live couriers who need autonomous vans to drive alongside them while they're filling mailboxes.

Or can be converted to hold a couple of trolls with panthers wink.gif
CanRay
"Whose hand is that?"

"Depends. Whose hoop is this?"
Wakshaani
As an aside, I have automated Drone Sanitation Vehicles operating in Philly for my game. However, it's been a fight for years between teh union and Shiawase who wants the contract, each trying to show that their method is the more viable. As of 2063, you had drone trucks that were still manned by three workers (A driver and two others) ... negotiations were due to change this to an all-drone system and it looked like the union was finished.

BUT!

Deus happened.

Philly was fortunate to have drivers at the wheel due to the overall Crash 2.0 dropping feeds all over. Philly's drivers got high marks for safely taking over and staving off incidents that other cities, which were fully automated, had. Shiawase was able to generally save face, since there was an obvious world-wide multi-platform collapse, but the Sanitation Union won an ironclad contract.

Now, it's due for negotiation again and a decade of distance is making it harder for the populace to rally behind it. Shiwwase Envirotech even has new, "Crash Proof" trucks to show off.

Which ties into this thread, you know, kindasorta but not exactly.

Just thought I'd share.
CanRay
Now you just need some Technomancers or Hackers to prove just how "Crash Proof" is so much like "Unsinkable". wink.gif
Wakshaani
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 20 2011, 03:25 AM) *
Now you just need some Technomancers or Hackers to prove just how "Crash Proof" is so much like "Unsinkable". wink.gif

Oh yes. One of the earlier 'runs I put players on, in fact. smile.gif

There's also one with S-K showing off new construction technology and the Trog Union hiring runners to monkeywrench the place... the Orks and Trolls will be out front protesting, of course, so *obviously* aren't behind any sort of attack on corporate property. Of course, these missions are never without ... complications.
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 20 2011, 01:48 AM) *
"Whose hand is that?"

"Depends. Whose hoop is this?"

Man, I miss when the power went out in highschool....
CanRay
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Nov 20 2011, 12:36 AM) *
Man, I miss when the power went out in highschool....
"Ray fell down."

"Ray fell down."

"Ray fell down."

"I got kicked in the F***ING face."

"Ray fell down."
Christian Lafay
That sounded more like Basic Training.
CanRay
No. That was High School for me. (Hense me snitching rather than going, "I fell down.").

I don't make even the minimum requirements for the Canadian Armed Forces. I'd have to go to the US to be allowed into the Army.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012