Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle Elevated Lines
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Paul
Okay I know the Elevated runs through the arcology, but where else does it run? Anyone know or have any links on maps of train cars and routes? Thanks in advance.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Paul @ Nov 22 2011, 10:01 AM) *
Okay I know the Elevated runs through the arcology, but where else does it run? Anyone know or have any links on maps of train cars and routes? Thanks in advance.

There was a serious attempt to extend the Monorail beyond it's current very short run from the Seattle Center to Westlake Center (About a half mile run) a few years back. The thing to know about present day Seattle is that it has no rail or subway system currently and the bus system is routed in ways that haven't made sense since the 70's

I'd start here and fill in the holes to try to get an idea of where lines might run.
Metro - King County

Also important to know is that Seattle and the surrounding area has a lot of hills and water, and the soil is very sandy so tunnels in a lot of places don't make much sense. It's a good idea to look at a topographic map to make sure you aren't trying to run a rail up a 12% grade or something equally improbable

Paul
Yeah that's my hope, to make sure I don't do anything to blatantly silly with it. But I'm willing to fudge a little for fun!
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Nov 22 2011, 10:10 AM) *
There was a serious attempt to extend the Monorail beyond it's current very short run from the Seattle Center to Westlake Center (About a half mile run) a few years back.

I would have ridden the S.L.U.T.
Adarael
The most sensible thing, I have found, is to assume the Monorail, the Light Link Rail, the SLUT and the Sounder have all become one unified system of rail, with additional (and gradually sloped) L-tracks for doing things like "going up Denny from Belltown", because god knows you'd need a cog train to do that if you wanted to follow the roads right now.

Plus, that makes for awesome secondary aerial tracks that can take you through buildings!
stevebugge
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Nov 22 2011, 10:20 AM) *
I would have ridden the S.L.U.T.

I think there are plans to extend that too, who knows if it will ever happen. Seattle's transit "system" isn't a system at all it's a hodge podge of incomplete incongruous projects forced to coexist with each other to the detriment of drivers.
Paul
QUOTE (Adarael @ Nov 22 2011, 01:24 PM) *
The most sensible thing, I have found, is to assume the Monorail, the Light Link Rail, the SLUT and the Sounder have all become one unified system of rail, with additional (and gradually sloped) L-tracks for doing things like "going up Denny from Belltown", because god knows you'd need a cog train to do that if you wanted to follow the roads right now.

Plus, that makes for awesome secondary aerial tracks that can take you through buildings!

Yeah this fits what I have planned just fine.
BlackJaw
There is a Light Rail system that runs from the airport to downtown. The downtown portion is underground (which isn't saying much since they raised down town generations ago; that's where the [ork] underground comes from) but it's surface the rest of the way.

There are various plans to extend the rail line farther north and also east towards Bellevue, but they are frequently blocked.
stevebugge
Of course if you go back to 1912 there was a decent system in place

Seattle Interruban rail
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012