Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pink Mohawks on a Rampage...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Christian Lafay
One of the few movies worse than Freejack. Plotwise. In action I had a pink 'hawk hardon the entire time.
CanRay
It wasn't meant to have a plot. It was meant to have belt-fed weapons, fully-automatic shotguns, and lots and lots of explosions!

And... Surprisingly, a Sympathetic Third-World Dictator.
Christian Lafay
He wasn't sympathetic. That was his stand-in who had killed the dictator months prior, thus the change of heart, and now his death will be the thing resembling a plot in the equal.
hobgoblin
The vocalist seems to channel a combo of Meat Loaf and Ozzy Osbourne.
Kliko
This is my pink mohawk-style!
CanRay
QUOTE (Kliko @ Nov 27 2011, 06:24 AM) *
This is my pink mohawk-style!
It's also a good example of what happens when well-to-do tree-hugging hippies enter a bloody WAR ZONE with no idea what the hell they're doing.

And a reason why you need the Pink Mohawk types at times.
Christian Lafay
Now THIS is what let me know I had a pink mohawk. Ah, childhood.
CanRay
Made the mistake of renting that with my Grandmother around. Oops.

"Where can I get this CD?" nyahnyah.gif
Christian Lafay
I can see my Trust Fund runner being there. "I heard of this little party and asked if I could join all you nice people."
CanRay
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Nov 27 2011, 01:34 PM) *
I can see my Trust Fund runner being there. "I heard of this little party and asked if I could join all you nice people."
They make the best 'Runners. Or the worst. nyahnyah.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Nov 27 2011, 10:34 AM) *

Awesome... smile.gif
Saint Hallow
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 26 2011, 11:56 PM) *

I grew a mustache & beard just from looking at the poster for #2...
Poster.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Nov 27 2011, 12:13 AM) *
The vocalist seems to channel a combo of Meat Loaf and Ozzy Osbourne.

Seemed to have good mic control..
Jareth Valar
All the above are very good, but I've been playing SR long enough that I believe THIS and THIS (for a little different view) are not only far more appropriate for "pink mohawks" but fare cooler too. grinbig.gif

Though Kliko's comes close. rotfl.gif
Christian Lafay
Jareth, I challenge you with this.
Jareth Valar
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Nov 28 2011, 02:39 AM) *
Jareth, I challenge you with this.

rotfl.gif That looks like fun....and half of the teams I've GM'd too. LOL

Have to watch that one. grinbig.gif
CanRay
I have watched that one. It's proof of how badly you can fail at recon before a job. Very, very badly.
Christian Lafay
And how one member can do all the work and everyone still gets paid.
CanRay
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Nov 28 2011, 01:16 PM) *
And how one member can do all the work and everyone still gets paid.
Oh $Deity it's like High School all over again. frown.gif
Saint Hallow
Having worked in corporate America... seeing 1 person do all the work on a project, yet everyone gets paid happens on a regular occurrence. LOL!
CanRay
QUOTE (Saint Hallow @ Nov 28 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Having worked in corporate America... seeing 1 person do all the work on a project, yet everyone gets paid happens on a regular occurrence. LOL!
I worked for the Manitoba Gubbermint! I was in a small department, we all had to work, but I saw other offices and had to deal with them, and... Yeah... Same.
Jareth Valar
I work for the Department of Corrections....no different there either. ohplease.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Jareth Valar @ Nov 29 2011, 08:19 AM) *
I work for the Department of Corrections....no different there either. ohplease.gif
Oh come on, you expect Bubba The Love Troll to do *ALL* the work? nyahnyah.gif

Or any of it for that matter? That's what his "Harem" is for. devil.gif
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Saint Hallow @ Nov 28 2011, 05:50 AM) *
Poster.
I hope this is a Spoof. The world will explode from all the awesomeness of Chuck Norris and Dolph Lundgren in the same place.
Dakka Dakka
woops a double post, I think my first. Please delete.
CanRay
Apparently he's been signed. Arnie has already done his scenes. So it's being made.
Dakka Dakka
Ah right I remember, the world is supposed to end in 2012. wink.gif
Daylen
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Nov 27 2011, 06:05 AM) *
One of the few movies worse than Freejack. Plotwise. In action I had a pink 'hawk hardon the entire time.

I'm sorry, but that movie had a great plot. An Kimber custom is plenty of plot.
Brainpiercing7.62mm
QUOTE (Saint Hallow @ Nov 28 2011, 05:50 AM) *
Poster.

Why did Jet Li get turned into a girl?
Dakka Dakka
It's probably Gong not Jet.
CanRay
Gong is her family name, Li is her given name. That'd be a screw-up if they're listing her as "Li", as Jet Li has Anglicized his name so that his family name is Li, and his given name is Jet.
Brainpiercing7.62mm
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Dec 6 2011, 04:42 PM) *
It's probably Gong not Jet.

Hehe, yes, but why isn't he in it?

(I have to say though they made his part the worst in the first movie, so...)
Dakka Dakka
And she is not even in the film according to wikipedia, my bad. Guess Jet Li simply is not in the poster.
Brainpiercing7.62mm
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Dec 6 2011, 05:10 PM) *
And she is not even in the film according to wikipedia, my bad. Guess Jet Li simply is not in the poster.

So probably the girl is Yu Nan, and Jet Li was left out of the poster.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Saint Hallow @ Nov 27 2011, 10:50 PM) *
Poster.

Holy Mary, mother of God.... smile.gif
Castigari
QUOTE (Jareth Valar @ Nov 27 2011, 11:55 PM) *
All the above are very good, but I've been playing SR long enough that I believe THIS and THIS (for a little different view) are not only far more appropriate for "pink mohawks" but fare cooler too. grinbig.gif

How it is possible that this is not yet available for streaming on netflix? Or that I don't recall ever seeing a preview or commercial for it, and it's been out for over a year!
CanRay
The original Expendables? It's out on DVD, I think. It's a good "OMG, I remember when the '80s were like this!" movie.
Jareth Valar
QUOTE (Castigari @ Dec 6 2011, 12:01 PM) *
How it is possible that this is not yet available for streaming on netflix? Or that I don't recall ever seeing a preview or commercial for it, and it's been out for over a year!

Wish I knew. Most of my movie watching comes from streaming these days (not enough space for video collections anymore) but this one was a deffinate buy for me. LOL, I can so see some of my old group now, 20years later, SO like this. grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012