Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Map software
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Machiavelli
Hi folks. I am planning to GM again, and i wanted to have an easy-to-handle computer programme that helps me to create maps of locations, flats, bars etc. What do you use? Do you have proposals? I can remember that there was a quite nice map-editor in dungeon siege 1, but this might be too old fashioned. ^^
Thanee
Maptools (there are plenty tutorials on the site)

Gimp (there are plenty tutorials on the web, just search for "Gimp Tutorial")

Bye
Thanee
Machiavelli
Cool, thank you.
Shortstraw
why don't i want to search the web for "gimp tutorial"?
Sengir
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Nov 29 2011, 10:37 AM) *
Do you have proposals?

I use Inkscape for maps...though admittedly the main decision factor was "I'm already used to it", so YMMV.

Another quick way which does not even require you to draw something is to snap a picture of a fire escape plan from a building you know, that also makes it easier for you to visualize the building. If it's your workplace, you can also ask the safety guy if he has that plan as a PDF.
Paul
I use Google Earth. Hit print screen, paste it over on my cheap old Paint program and viola! Add to that I have a laminated piece of 2 foot wide by 4 foot long one inch grid square! Add to that wooden crafters spindles and it works pretty smoothly.
CanRay
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Nov 29 2011, 06:42 AM) *
why don't i want to search the web for "gimp tutorial"?
Because you'd get a level in Saints Row The Third with an tracheotomied old pimp stuck in a horse suit chewing on a ball gag with a horse tail shoved up his hoop?
Tech_Rat
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 29 2011, 01:51 PM) *
Because you'd get a level in Saints Row The Third with an tracheotomied old pimp stuck in a horse suit chewing on a ball gag with a horse tail shoved up his hoop?

Ow...
CanRay
QUOTE (Tech_Rat @ Nov 30 2011, 12:29 AM) *

Ow...
It gets worse.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012