Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strange dream last night
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Blog
Had some events unfold in a dream last night that I figure would make for an interesting run, I know it would be a long time before I host a game so I present this as a gift to the dumpshock community. Forgive me if this was already done already.

Basically there is a facility which is working on some very secret stuff, so secret they have put into place the following measures.
All employees are outfitted with some memory altering/redirecting ware such that a "knowledge chip" is inserted upon getting to work and removed when leaving. The ware redirects everything that is learned to be recorded on the chip and not the subjects memory. This could also be interpreted by being jacked in and stored on a server and not actually a chip. Either way basic concept, memory/knowledge related to work stays at work and if everything is working properly will not leak into anything the subject can recall outside of this environment.

I can see this being utilized in some confidential environments where you don't want the risk of a grab & mind probe or other bean spilling tactics as the subject literally does not know anything that they do at their workplace. This also works well to have multiple shifts working on the same project as when the person tires, the next guy picks up where they left off. This would still require that the person has technical ability or else there is no growth on the information.

Have fun!
Method
Oooo I like it! Would also make an interesting PC background, perhaps for a character with the low end Amnesia flaw. Very cool... vegm.gif
Sixgun_Sage
The phrase "yoink" applies to me and this idea. Maybe some sort of personafix chip with spare memory for imprinting accumulated knowledge on...
Iduno
That sounds like an interesting next-gen data filter.
GM Lich
The only question now is what could they possiblely be working to take all these safety precuations? the security sounds quite eleborate physically at least.
Sounds really awkward for the workers, althrough they are probaly getting paid a huge amount to deal with that.
Sixgun_Sage
Some sort of blood magic cyberzombie factory. Think about it, ultra-black facility, no one can know what is being done in there, but it requires human ability (magic) to do....?
Udoshi
QUOTE (Iduno @ Dec 1 2011, 02:25 PM) *
That sounds like an interesting next-gen data filter.

Personally, I was thinking something along the lines of a Data Filter and a Simrig - the one jump/leap/advancement being that there is live editing (livestream editing is technically possible with the Edit program. see faq ) being done while everyone works on the project, and saves it as a Skillsoft file that continually gets updated as people make progress and breakthroughs. When someone shows up, all they have to do is load that file up and begin their shift.

Basically instead of using a Simrig to capture impressive skills to later turn into complete skillwares, they have the necessary equipment/personell/network/computing power/expertise to do it on the fly. Or, you know, in a few hours each day at the end of a shift. Maybe when server maintainance and backups are made.

Depending on what kind of skillsoft it is (active or knowledge) the people working on it may need to have Skillwires as well. Given that such a difficult and secretive task needs human expertise, I am thinking that a knowsoft is most appropriate(it fills in the knowledge blanks for what is going on), and lets a worker use their own skills. An activesoft would replace whatever skills they had with an upper limit of 4, which is undesirable when doing really difficult work.

Its also worth noting that unwired has support for Networked skillwires that are only available at a certain location - like the chipped unskilled workforce showing up and logging into the company network.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012