Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Awakening
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
cleggster

With less then a month to go I was wondering if anybody was planning on any events for the Awakening?

I am thinking of running an event my FLGS. Maybe have a game or host something fun. Might be nice if there was an adventure that was common for the event. Can anyone think of an adventure that would appropriate for the beginning of the 6th world? Ooo, maybe something involving the history of Shadowrun. But no time travel.

Might be a good time to invest in dragon proof parkas.
ggodo
I tried to write a Shadowrun history campaign, but it just takes place over so much time that I gave it up as impractical.
stevebugge
QUOTE (cleggster @ Nov 29 2011, 08:06 AM) *
With less then a month to go I was wondering if anybody was planning on any events for the Awakening?

I am thinking of running an event my FLGS. Maybe have a game or host something fun. Might be nice if there was an adventure that was common for the event. Can anyone think of an adventure that would appropriate for the beginning of the 6th world? Ooo, maybe something involving the history of Shadowrun. But no time travel.

Might be a good time to invest in dragon proof parkas.

If I had the money I would book a trip to Japan and get some commuter train tickets...

...and more than likely probably just end up with a ticket stub for a very crowded train ride but it would be fun gamer memorabillia
GM Lich
OP that actually sounds like a cool idea. It would be tough to decide what to react through, there are many events that one could do.
ggodo
That was the same issue I ran into. You can use the initial awakening, and deal with that, but all the stuff I want to use comes later. goblinization and the ghost dance war seems like a perfect time for a game set in my hometown, but none of those were right at the awakening. Makes it hard to do the fun stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012