Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New russian Drug (Krokodil)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Brazilian_Shinobi
Link
Did anyone else think of Tempo when seeing something like this? (as in a highly addictive drug that cripples you extremely fast?)
CanRay
See what happens when you have a war in an opium-rich country? The price of drugs goes up and people make their own, to disastrous consequences.

EDIT: And here I thought the CIA would be more than happy to dump Heroin on the cheap to get Black Ops Cash... (There's my cynicism again.)
Daylen
its not really new. The funny part is the base drug it is made from is normally good enough for junkies; apparently its not good enough for crazy Russians though...
CanRay
Consider the amount of alcohol you can put into a Russian on average. nyahnyah.gif
Daylen
QUOTE (CanRay @ Dec 1 2011, 03:33 PM) *
Consider the amount of alcohol you can put into a Russian on average. nyahnyah.gif

That would be about as much as the amount of whiskey you can put into a Scots/Irishman; best not to try and keep up, but fun to drink with.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Daylen @ Dec 1 2011, 12:13 PM) *
its not really new. The funny part is the base drug it is made from is normally good enough for junkies; apparently its not good enough for crazy Russians though...

In Soviet Russia you don't do drugs. DRUGS DO YOU!
Ascalaphus
I recall reading in a newspaper last year that the Russians are about to classify beer as "not actually a soft drink".

When talking about Tempo analogies, anyone thinks it resembles Black Heroin from White Wolf's Orpheus storyline? (It's drug that lets you see the spirits of the dead. When you die, you'll become a restless spirit.)
CanRay
QUOTE (Daylen @ Dec 1 2011, 11:42 AM) *
That would be about as much as the amount of whiskey you can put into a Scots/Irishman; best not to try and keep up, but fun to drink with.
Never seen an Enlisted Canadian Soldier drink, have you? wink.gif

EDIT: Just reminded of "Lord Of War", the Cocaine/Gunpowder mix. Wonder what would happen with that stuff with a Toxic Magic Twist?
Daylen
QUOTE (CanRay @ Dec 1 2011, 07:16 PM) *
Never seen an Enlisted Canadian Soldier drink, have you? wink.gif

EDIT: Just reminded of "Lord Of War", the Cocaine/Gunpowder mix. Wonder what would happen with that stuff with a Toxic Magic Twist?

No but I met a Russian and a RAF guy at a conference once and some of us had a party one night in the hotel. Much alcohol was consumed, and its a bad sign when someone starts out by filling a coffee mug with Jack.
CanRay
"Rum and Coke. In a Pint Glass, please. Easy on the Coke."
Sengir
QUOTE (CanRay @ Dec 1 2011, 03:34 PM) *
See what happens when you have a war in an opium-rich country? The price of drugs goes up and people make their own, to disastrous consequences.

Actually, the price went down significantly for nearly a decade...until growing other crops became more profitable, which has caused a drop in poppy production in the last two or three years. It doesn't take Aztech to bring market economy to the drug market biggrin.gif

I'd guess the popularity of such dangerous substitutes has more to do with the typical post-Soviet drug policies.
CanRay
"Drugs: Just say 'Da!'."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012