Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2e target numbers to 4e threshold
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Volscian_Camilla
Hey guys,

I'm looking at some 2e modules to get some ideas for my games and am wondering how to convert (as the topic title suggests) 2e target numbers to 4e threshold ratings. Basically, I'm looking to see what range of Target Numbers is "easy," "average," "hard," and "extreme."

A table would be great.

Is there a site where I could look it up? I've been using Old Man Google to no avail.

Thanks!
Brazilian_Shinobi
I don't think there is any hard rule for this. Mostly you should go with your guts as a lot of rules changed quite a lot between editions.
Error
Hmm...

I had something else posted and had to edit the post because I completely misunderstood your original post.

Are you looking for what Target Number the SR2 rules used for those rating levels then?
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Volscian_Camilla @ Dec 6 2011, 01:56 PM) *
Hey guys,

I'm looking at some 2e modules to get some ideas for my games and am wondering how to convert (as the topic title suggests) 2e target numbers to 4e threshold ratings. Basically, I'm looking to see what range of Target Numbers is "easy," "average," "hard," and "extreme."

A table would be great.

Is there a site where I could look it up? I've been using Old Man Google to no avail.

Thanks!

Problem here is that the dice pool mechanics are different. But Recalling from my 2E and 4E experience (and it has been a while since 2E) IMHO I'd go with as follows:

Easy:TN2-3=1 hits
Average:TN4-5=2 to 3 hits
Hard: TN6-9=4 to 5 hits
Extreme: TN10+=6+ hits

Note that extended tests did not exist in 2E as a mechanis as I recall. So you probably wont need to convert anything like that.
Volscian_Camilla
Warlordtheft, that's just what I needed! Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012