Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smoke grenades...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Psikerlord
Hi all,

Is there any hard rule on smoke grenades and whether they cause the heavy or light smoke visibility modifier? I see thermal smoke grenades appear to apply to equivalent of the heavy modifier for normal smoke according to the visibility table... Given a grenade is 20m radius, it would make sense to me that perhaps the first 10m is heavy, then the next 10 is light, or something like that..?

What do folks think?
CanRay
Heavy Smoke in the impact radius, light outside of that. From what I've seen (And these are some of the few grenades I've seen!), it thins out pretty damn quick.

EDIT: I might have seen Signal Smoke Grenades, however, not Obscuring Smoke Grenades... If there is a difference, anyhow. It was Red.
hobgoblin
As the thermal smoke mods seems to be heavy smoke with some extra thermal mods, i would say that smoke grenades are heavy smoke.

Anyways, what you can do is have it be heavy for 2 rounds and lite for 2 rounds. This based on the 4 round duration listed for typical conditions.
CanRay
Make sure not to feed the Troll beans before the 'Run, however, as "Typical Conditions" can turn into hurricane force quite quickly.

Hope you brought your gas masks.
hobgoblin
And get hunted as terrorists because of a "chemical attack" downtown.
CanRay
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 17 2011, 01:42 PM) *
And get hunted as terrorists because of a "chemical attack" downtown.
They're Shadowrunners, they're already economical terrorists. nyahnyah.gif
hobgoblin
That is a label more fitting the corporations smokin.gif
CanRay
Yeah, but it's the Corporations that gives the people the definition of "Terrorist", and they're not going to label themselves that.

Pirate stations, OTOH. But everyone knows they're in the pockets of Shadowrunners to try and push their Neo-Anarchistic Agenda.
hobgoblin
We can't win, only keep on surviving so that we can give them the middle finger any chance we get.
CanRay
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 17 2011, 02:38 PM) *
We can't win, only keep on surviving so that we can give them the middle finger any chance we get.
Run barechested into the fight with a smoke grenade in each hand while your Monofilament-Chainsaw Wielding Chummers follow. biggrin.gif
hobgoblin
Heh, i swear that smokin' aces was a movie packing a very impressive mohawk biggrin.gif
Psikerlord
haha yeah I loved smokin' aces. And I quite like that 2 rounds heavy, 2 rounds light idea...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012