Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dunkelzahn's Ares Stock
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Rajaat99
I was rereading Corporate Download and came across the section that mentions Dunkelzahn's 7 year plan for his Ares stock. Now that 7 years have passed, in game, what was his plan?
I attempted to locate the information on the matrix (and these forums) and was unable to locate it.
Paul
I remember this, but off hand I can't recall if it was ever followed up on.

edit

Wait. Isn't this how the CATco was destroyed? or am I just off my game?
Wakshaani
CATco was hunted to death by Ares after Crash 2.0 damaged it terribly (including the death of the CEO.) I think that this is seperate from the actual 7 year plan, but, we don't know for certain. Daviar giving the proxy rights to Knight for that time period might have been the plan, or she might have said "I have too much on my hands right now and this seven year plan makes no sense. Something has to go.... screw it. Knight, in exchange for X, I'll toss this plan in the trash and give you the voting rights for a few years."

I don't expect it to be revisited, personally, but, I could be wrong.

(Worse case scenario: Dunk was behind Ares moving to 'taming' bug spirits.)
Rajaat99
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Dec 27 2011, 03:01 PM) *

That would be disappointing.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Dec 27 2011, 04:01 PM) *
CATco was hunted to death by Ares after Crash 2.0 damaged it terribly (including the death of the CEO.) I think that this is seperate from the actual 7 year plan, but, we don't know for certain. Daviar giving the proxy rights to Knight for that time period might have been the plan, or she might have said "I have too much on my hands right now and this seven year plan makes no sense. Something has to go.... screw it. Knight, in exchange for X, I'll toss this plan in the trash and give you the voting rights for a few years."

(Worse case scenario: Dunk was behind Ares moving to 'taming' bug spirits.)

IIRC, Daviar's proxy rights was a reaction to some blackmail Knight had on her - specifically physical possession of her boytoy Mercury. The proxy rights were what was on the table to ensure he was returned safe and sound.
Rajaat99
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Dec 27 2011, 04:48 PM) *
IIRC, Daviar's proxy rights was a reaction to some blackmail Knight had on her - specifically physical possession of her boytoy Mercury. The proxy rights were what was on the table to ensure he was returned safe and sound.

I'd like this confirmed. Anybody know what book this was in?
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Rajaat99 @ Dec 27 2011, 04:56 PM) *
I'd like this confirmed. Anybody know what book this was in?

First book of the Dragon Heart saga, I believe. It's been a while since I read it, but I distinctly recall Gavilan Ventures being on the table as a bargaining chip between Daviar and Knight.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Indeed, I believe that was the one.
Paul
So I went to my bookshelf to snag my Dragonhear Trilogy and discovered it was among the books my exwife burned. (A real quick way to lose three thousand plus books? Get divorced.) So now I have to order them.
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Paul @ Dec 27 2011, 01:46 PM) *
So I went to my bookshelf to snag my Dragonhear Trilogy and discovered it was among the books my exwife burned. (A real quick way to lose three thousand plus books? Get divorced.) So now I have to order them.

*wince* OUCH. My sympathies. That's just vicious and uncalled for. *looks around at seven packed bookcases in apartment protectively*
CanRay
QUOTE (Paul @ Dec 27 2011, 02:46 PM) *
O.o

*Sobs manly tears*
Wakshaani
Dude.

DUDE.

I ... I have no words.
darthmord
QUOTE (Paul @ Dec 27 2011, 01:46 PM) *

That kind of evil is uncalled for... >:(
nylanfs
should have taken her to court, at least small claims court.
ravensmuse
Damn Paul.
Tashiro
Reminds me of my mom when she'd tear my RPG books apart. Or just 'lose' them. :\ Fortunately, I don't live there anymore.
CanRay
OK, at this point, I am very happy for a supportive family that encouraged my reading and RPGing.

Hell, they were happy I had friends, period.
Faelan
Burning books...that is lower than low. Well at least now you know just how crazy it is.
Grinder
Can we get back to the topic of this thread? It's
Dunkelzahn's Ares Stock, 7 year plan.
wink.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Grinder @ Dec 28 2011, 09:36 AM) *
Can we get back to the topic of this thread? It's Dunkelzahn's Ares Stock, 7 year plan. wink.gif

Which book is that in, Grinder? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012