Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancient Files where else?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
Where can i find all the good stuff he had on artifacts and dunkies will?
A time machine helps.
tinfoil hat secured! ty biggrin.gif
Fatum
I also have a copy here.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Fatum @ Dec 30 2011, 05:13 AM) *
I also have a copy here.

I knew someone had set up a mirror of that. Thanks!
Fatum
Come to think of it, I'll just leave it in my signature.
So very helpful biggrin.gif. I was sorely grieved to see that the first link didn't have the artifact list archived.
Why is the original no longer on Dumpshock?
CanRay
QUOTE (3278 @ Dec 31 2011, 09:53 PM) *
Why is the original no longer on Dumpshock?
Ancient History took it down due to bad blood between him and CGL and other reasons. Or other reasons. Never can tell with those Ancient types. wink.gif
Paul
QUOTE (CanRay @ Dec 31 2011, 09:04 PM) *
Ancient History took it down due to bad blood between him and CGL and other reasons.

No, Bobby basically had what he saw as a bad experience and pulled a lot of his stuff from the DSF servers.
Fatum
Didn't he basically say he wasn't happy with the files themselves anymore? Or was there some hidden motive?
Paul
As I recall it was a totality of circumstances type situation thing. Obviously we can all speculate, but in the end it's gone, and unless you want to ask Bob directly-he's around on Bulldrek most of the time-it seems likely to stay gone.
Fatum
QUOTE (Paul @ Jan 1 2012, 06:49 AM) *
As I recall it was a totality of circumstances type situation thing. Obviously we can all speculate, but in the end it's gone, and unless you want to ask Bob directly-he's around on Bulldrek most of the time-it seems likely to stay gone.
Uh, where?
Besides, I am perfectly content with the files staying on my server.
Paul
Bulldrek. And I'm good with the files being where ever too.
Bodak
QUOTE (Paul @ Jan 1 2012, 12:49 PM) *
As I recall it was a totality of circumstances type situation thing. Obviously we can all speculate, but in the end it's gone, and unless you want to ask Bob directly
Well, his explanation was:
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 16 2011, 03:20 AM) *
Hoka-hey, Shadowkids. Uncle Ancient here.

The Ancient Files has served it's time...and probably a while past that. I did not update it much after I became a freelancer, and since my divorce from Shadowrun, have no will to try. So the files were aging, out of date, neglected...and riddled with the errors and bad jokes of 5+ years of hand-coding and self-editing. There are enough dinosaurs crowding the web that no-one needs one more orphaned site, losing relevance with each PDF release. Best to have a clean end to things.

For those that absolutely need the site - though I can scarce imagine why - there's a complete archive of it up on rapidshare.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3503920800/ancientfiles.tgz

As for me, I'll see y'all on http://the-unpublishable.com
I suppose we could theorise on the accuracy of his reported reasons, but I don't see the benefit in speculating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012