Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Young can someone exibit signs of being a technomancer?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nightslasthero
I'm currently working on a run and am curious what is the youngest reasonable age a person could be and exibit signs of being a technomancer, and interact with the matrix to some degree. The basic idea is that Mother's husband is a loyal corporate type (Actually more of a corporate assassin who works for NeoNET, so their marriage has basically fallen apart) and so she hires someone to help her and her son get away from NeoNET and her husband. The idea however is that the son (who is a technomancer) wants his father and has been accidentally leaving a trail that his dad can follow. (Or perhaps even talking to his dad via the matrix). The point is to make the kid not exactly aware of what is going on.

(Although It just came to me a teenage technomancer who didn't want to go with his mother, but was basically kidnapped could work too)
Udoshi
Look up the Wild Technomancer quality in unwired, it seems to basically be exactly what you want, with a dose of teenage repression and denial.

I am not sure how young otaku typically manifest, but I know one of the major changes technomancers brought on was the removal of the age limit/fading thing, so concievably, a technomancer could be of any age.

Achsin
The first part of Emergence starts out talking about a 10 year old boy who managed to have a sprite take him around in a GridCab for a while, and hack into some vending machines for food.
nightslasthero
Thanks guys. And yeah I was planning on having the kid to be ten.
CanRay
Baby hacking the Nanny-Drone for more milk? nyahnyah.gif
nightslasthero
lol Nice one CanRay
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jan 14 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Look up the Wild Technomancer quality in unwired, it seems to basically be exactly what you want, with a dose of teenage repression and denial.

I am not sure how young otaku typically manifest, but I know one of the major changes technomancers brought on was the removal of the age limit/fading thing, so concievably, a technomancer could be of any age.

Vice, page 5. That bit of fiction seems to suggest that the twins playing their matrix game are quite young, younger than 10 I'd think.

As for CanRay's remark, I wouldn't put it past the possibility of a meta being a TM from birth.
CanRay
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Jan 16 2012, 01:13 AM) *
As for CanRay's remark, I wouldn't put it past the possibility of a meta being a TM from birth.
Slamm-0!'s and Netcat's Hackbaby Boy?
Fatum
Otakus manifested younger than 10, and experienced fading by puberty, if I remember right. So no reason for pre-teen technos not to exist, either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012