Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movement Speed & Character Sheets
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Morlonde
Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone could help me on how to calculate the movement speed of players and NPCs?

Im sure its bound to be on one of the next 50 pages I read on the book, but thought I would ask whilst I had access to the internet.

Also does anyone know of any good character sheet generators? or even character makers?
I found the style of character sheets in the book was easy to read, but both me and the players are having difficulty sifting through all the information on unstructured A4 print outs and though there has be some kind of character sheet layout like D&D?

Also if anyone knows of any good adventures/campaigns that would be suitable for both (or either i suppose) new players and GMs. Or perhaps a website with a database of adventures/campaigns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Warlordtheft
It is fixed so you can just reference the sheet (no I don't recall it off hand), and the tables are somewhere in the main rule book--in the combat section IIRC.

There are a couple of character generators in the community projects folder, I'll leave it to you to figure out which one suites your players best.

Regarding adventures, I'd strongly suggest the mission adventures. THey are designed to be short and sweet, don't cost much, and from what I've seen are fairly easy to run.

Bearclaw
What he said smile.gif
QUOTE (Morlonde @ Jan 16 2012, 05:21 PM) *
Was wondering if anyone could help me on how to calculate the movement speed of players and NPCs?

Movement rate is in SR4 p138, or SR4a, p149.

QUOTE (Morlonde @ Jan 16 2012, 05:21 PM) *
Also does anyone know of any good character sheet generators? or even character makers?

I use this excellent Excel spreadsheet, as does the rest of our group, except for one person who uses Hero Lab.
Yerameyahu
I strongly suggest not worrying about movement in too detailed a way; it's not a miniatures game. If you do, though, remember to divide everyone's movement by the total number of IPs in the combat (i.e., the highest number anyone in the combat has); 4 is easiest, if you just wanna simplify.
KeyMasterOfGozer
In RAW, (as Warlordtheft said) run speed is fixed based on Race, so no calculation is needed.

I have used most of the Excel spreadsheets in Community Projects, but the new Application "Chummer" is really great, and I suggest for you to give it a try.
Chummer Thread

Nebular is extremely good about addressing any problems that people run in to if you post on this thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012