Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dykes of London
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Loch
Initially I told my players I wouldn't post this on dumpshock, because people might take offense at their miserable excuse for roleplaying, but I have decided that since some people here enjoyed reading about the last campaign I ran, I will post their exploits here for the greater amusement of dumpshock.

I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I went out for beers with my shadowrun group about two weeks ago and on that outing the following two things were decided:
1.) We were all fed up with playing a Caribbean League game in which nobody wanted to be pirates or GM for pirates
2.) I would be running a more level-headed urban game set in 2072 London.

The irony of these two decisions will of course become readily apparent in the following weeks.

My mostly-male player group announced their intention to all make and play female characters, and thus the unofficial moniker "Dykes of London" was born. As I am now posting this on the internet, I guess it has become the official title for the campaign as well; if this in any way offends your fragile sensibilities, please take it in the good humor which is intended. I set out a few ground rules for chargen (750 Karma, Availability 12/12R/12F gear, and nothing from Bogota!) and these are the miserable piles of statistics I received:

First up is Valk, a human lady born of a wealthy corp family with a rather alarming interest in cybernetic augmentation. A former combat biker, Valk squandered her family fortunes and borrowed not an inconsiderable sum of money from Renraku to finance her near-full-body cybernetic replacement. As a result of all this, she has a surprising amount of armor, as well as physical damage boxes and a pain editor to boot. Unfortunately for Valk, it means she also lives in a wino-infested bolthole next to a bunraku parlor in the East End of London; she can't move out because anywhere else would cost money and she cannot pay that rent *and* pay Renraku at the same time.

Next we have Song, a neotenous ork girl chaos magician mystic adept. Yes. Song is cursed with the gift of amnesia, and all she knows is that she was found on the banks of the Thames outside the Lambeth Containment Zone by a street doctor, she can cast magic, she can shoot guns, and she has a lot of funky 'ware in her head. Little Song also has crippling flashbacks whenever she sees the Adams-Hoffman corporate logo. More on that later.

Artemis is a gruff satyr chick on the run from the rest of her merc outfit in Bogota. She made a deal with some Amazonian smugglers to get her out of the country, and she still owes them big for that. Artemis came to the UK with only a few things: her milspec armor, a crate full of guns, and an outstanding bounty on her head from her former employers, Proelium Industries. Artemis currently shares a flat with Song in the East End.

Next up is Pidgin, an elf with some fancy cyberlegs and not-too-shabby skills in talking to people and stabbing them in the face with her elbow spurs. Pidgin runs a courier business from her East End flat with her roommate, a Jamaican troll by the name of Creole. Creole has a shady past in the Caribbean League (he taught Pidgin some fighting techniques he picked up in Azzie arenas and he spends most days locked in his room smoking lots of deepweed), but we'll get to that later.

Lastly we have Brandy, a hipster girl Technomancer from the West End. Still the picture of teenage naivete, Brandy is looking for her brother Jerry, who left the house one day saying he got a new job that would let them live "anywhere they wanted" after he was done. Jerry never came back. Brandy spends lots of time on the Matrix, cruising for info on Jerry and hacking into anything that looks remotely interesting (because Black Hat, her Paragon, tells her to). More on The Truth About Jerry later.

Session notes to follow.
Loch
Session the First:
In which a milk run is planned, and things get a bit sloppy

One of the failings of my group's Caribbean campaign is that the GM did not start his players off with a milk run. I am of the belief that a truly entertaining Shadowrun game must start off with an easy job and then reel the players gradually into more and more dangerous scenarios; this is what I attempted to do with this game as well. We shall see how futile my attempts were, but I am getting ahead of myself here.

I decided to offer my players a simple milk run for their first job as a team in London- they make an old man late for his meeting, Johnson pays them nuyen.gif 10,000, and that's that. Unfortunately, due to a confluence of alcohol and excellent in-character roleplaying by all, it would take my players four hours to get to the part of the adventure where they take the job. Read on for the story:

It is Friday, March 5, 2072. The characters awake in their respective domiciles and go about their business for the day, turning on the BBC News programme for the latest headlines. Amidst all the boring news about toxic fires in Liverpool and Jonny Spinrad buying out manatech assets in Europe, one particular item sticks out: the Premier League Championships are being held in London tonight, featuring Arsenal FC and Saeder-Krupp going head-to-head for the title.

At about 7 p.m., everybody gets calls from their various contacts that somebody's looking to get a team together for a job tonight. All they have to do is make their way to the West End Underplex at 9 p.m. to meet Mr. Johnson at Underdome; being punctual for this meeting is highly advised. Valk immediately sets out for the West End, ejecting a hobo from her apartment before hopping on her bike to drive across town; it's not kickoff time yet and GOD's up and running smoothly, so the streets are fairly navigable despite the influx of footy fans in the city tonight. Valk makes it to the Underplex by about 7:30 and pays the bouncer all of her money as a bribe to get in the door of Underdome. Song, Artemis and Pidgin decide to do the logical thing and use the Matrix to research London's transportation grid and the Underdome. They get a few useful pieces of information, namely that Underdome isn't just a club, but rather a cavern-sized sports bar dedicated to watching games in AR, and the three girls decide to use the Underground tube station to get across town. They meet on the train and bond over the awfulness that is the London tube network of 2072- the train arrives fifteen minutes late, and at one point stops on the tracks entirely for an hour and a half. Getting antsy, Song decides to investigate using her Clairvoyance spell, and sees a roadblock up ahead on the tracks (Unfortunately, Song also rolls well enough to see the Adams-Hoffman logo on one of the pieces of metal used to construct the roadblock, and lapses into a flashback, twitching on the floor of the train car while images of sterile surgery rooms and men in white coats burn themselves into her brain). Investigating the blockage, Artemis and Pidgin are told ever so kindly to piss off by some unseen ruffians that claim to represent "the Grey Order"; being without most of her guns and milspec armor, Artemis decides that discretion is the better part of valor and doesn't push the issue, electing to wait on the train until the blockage is cleared. Brandy walks the two blocks from her West End flat to the Underplex and arrives at Underdome about the same time the train crew does.

Inside, the runners are all directed to table 43b, a table that is still on the main (astroturf) floor of Underdome, but is at least not in the middle of the AR action, so to speak. At 9 p.m., they are met by two men: Mr. Johnson, a broad-shouldered man in a tailored suit, and an ork poser chav thug who introduces himself as T-Face, proclaiming to the girls that he has arranged this little meeting so that he, Johnson, and the ladies can get cozy and rich. The group is unsure about this, but several of them need the money quite badly and so they agree to hear the Johnson's offer.

The arrangement, Johnson says, is a simple one. At 9 a.m. on Monday morning, John Ashton, the Chief Financial Officer of Carrington Financial Group (a AA Britcorp) is due to speak at a shareholder's meeting at the London Stock Exchange. The runners' job is to make sure that Mr. Ashton is late to that meeting. For this service, the team will be paid nuyen.gif 10,000. If Mr. Ashton is not late, they will not be paid. The team accepts the offer without so much as a shred of haggling or negotiation, and Johnson leaves, dragging the grinning T-Face with him.

The team decides to go to their nearest hideout, but because Brandy's player is a paranoid ninny, Brandy is only willing to take her new coworkers as far as her van outside on the surface. They get in and start doing some digging on the Matrix, finding out a few things about Carrington Financial and John Ashton in particular (he's a shrewd businessman who's taken CFG stock to a recent surge, but he's very old and his health is deteriorating and they can't find a physical address for him). Before they can get more info, however, there is a commotion outside and the sound of bottles breaking against the van- the footy match is over, and a large mob of angry Saeder-Krupp fans is outside, looking for trouble!
Loch
Session the Second:
In which burglaries are planned, botched, and first blood is drawn

So the group is trapped in their van, surrounded by angry football hooligans. Valk decides to play the hero, leaping from the van to confront the mob. This goes poorly for her, doubly so as she is wearing an Arsenal jersey. She is grabbed and about to have her head stoved in when Pidgin peeps out from behind the van door and tells the angry mob to "kindly piss off and go torch cars somewhere else". Rolling well, she manages to convince them to go burn down an electronics store a few blocks away.

The girls eventually convince Brandy to let them crash at her place for the night, and while they're there, Brandy decides to do some diving and hacks into the Carrington Financial applicant database. Because she does so On The Fly (waiting is for tossers), Brandy is detected before she can find a connection to other parts of CFG's data network, and so she panics, jacking out and leaving her apartment to go hide in a Stuffer Shack in case CFG's IT Nazis send a van to come pick her up. Since Artemis has a sleep regulator, she goes too, and the two bond over cheap burritos sold to them by an Iranian man named Samir. A van passes by, carrying some armed corp types, but they don't seem to notice the nerd and the goat lady eating mexican food in the convenience store.

The next morning, Valk decides to do some digging for info on Ashton's car. She knows he's a technophobe, a stubborn old man who drives a gasoline car- not a common thing on London's GridGuide-happy, internal-combustion-phobic motorways. Asking around in Shadowtown, she is directed to the chop shop run by Mick the Greek; as she has no money to bribe her way in, she brings him a radiator from a busted-up wreck she finds outside (left by the mob from last night, no doubt). Mick runs a pretty sizeable operation of petrol heads, all gasoline fanatics, but even he won't tell Valk much more about Ashton's car other than that it is very nice and he'd love to get his mitts on it.

Desperate for info on Ashton's whereabouts at this point, the team decides to do the sensible thing and shake up Carrington's corporate headquarters. Brandy picks everybody up, plus their gear, and heads over to St. Mary Axe. CFG HQ, located in the old Crystal Phallus building in the City of London proper, is closed on Saturday, but Song manages to get through the keypad into the underground parking garage with some quick hardware rolls. She scans the tower above with her detection magic, and finds lots of cool wards and things that look like rail-mounted shotguns on the upper floors. Preferring not to begin their milk run by breaking into a AA bank (nevermind that they've technically already done this twice now), the runners come up with a cunning plan: Pidgin walks in with a package for Payroll department. She tells the desk guard after he signs for it that she also has a delivery for Mr. Ashton, and it's urgent that he get it before Monday. She manages to dupe the guard, who is able to tell her that Mr. Ashton lives off-site, in a private complex in Uxbridge, a suburb a little ways outside the city.

Arriving in Uxbridge a few hours later, Brandy hacks into a GOD traffic camera along the main road off the M-25 to try and catch Ashton going to and from work on Friday. Tons of cars have come and gone during that time, but they know that he drives a gasoline-only car that was imported from the Allied German States. A quick filtering of the video feed yields Mr. Ashton's ride of choice: a vintage McLaren F1.

Everybody thinks about this for a few minutes, and after a few minutes' searching on the Matrix, Artemis announces her intention to steal the car. Opinions are mixed, but eventually everybody agrees to at least go by Ashton's place and take a look. They wait until nightfall, and then Song launches her Stormcloud drone, complete with grenade launcher, to fly in the sky above Ashton's estate and provide some overwatch for the run.

John Ashton lives in a good-sized mansion in a very well-to-do neighborhood of Uxbridge; the driveways here are all gated and very long, with a 4-meter wall isolating the rest of the property from the main road. Brandy parks the van about three blocks from Ashton's front gate. Artemis and Pidgin volunteer to scale the wall, and Song casts Clairvoyance on both of them before they go over. The gun-goat and razorgirl easily climb the wall and leap down onto the lawn on the other side. These events began what I shall call the Cascade of Incompetence that places our "professional" criminals in their current sticky predicament.

You see, when Song placed active spells on Artemis and Pidgin, she neglected to check for Wards on the property they were about to break into (part of this is because the aforementioned intervening 4-meter wall prevented easy vision of the premises, and part of this is because Song specializes in detection magic, which means that she just doesn't think about wards much). This means that Artemis and Pidgin, when they leapt over the wall, crossed a ward with active spells up. This alerts Ashton's private security mage, who bolts up in his chair and begins casting spells. A fraction of a second later, Artemis and Pidgin hit the ground, within range of the mansion's motion detector sensor net in the garden. As they move towards the house, the motion sensor picks them up, and a general intruder alarm is sounded. This means that it is now that much more difficult for Brandy to hack into the system, as Ashton's IC is now on active patrol for intruders in all nodes.

The subsequent 9 seconds are very interesting. Artemis uses her Head Radar to locate the car- it's sitting in an underground garage at the opposite end of the property. She and Pidgin move to find a way into the house when a ghostly spirit appears in the air above them. The two would-be burglars get zotted with stunbolts, nearly filling their Stun tracks. From the mansion's rooftop, someone fires an arrow at Song's drone, and the poor blimp is thoroughly perforated and crashes.

Artemis wonders aloud why they don't have Matrix overwatch already. Brandy finds a hidden node in the gatehouse and logs on, only to find Black IC already in the node, looking for her. Artemis opens up on the spirit with her assault rifle, disrupting it, and the two decide to get the hell outta dodge. Running back to the wall, they shrug off yet more stunbolts to climb back over the wall and jump down the other side. The Black IC finds Brandy in the node and begins attacking her, eventually connecting. Curiously, Brandy is able to divert all of the damage from the Black IC to her paladin sprite; since she has the Macro echo, this means that Brandy cannot die from the Black IC program so long as there is only one such program attacking her, since she can just use one of her two complex actions to compile a new sprite to defend her. She is beginning to take a lot of stun damage from Fading because of this, however.

Artemis and Pidgin land back on the street side of the wall, but they aren't out of hot water yet. Spirits keep showing up as fast as Artemis can kill them, and the mystery bowman demonstrates an uncanny ability to hit targets on the far sides of walls; thankfully, Artemis's milspec armor bounces the arrows away, but then she botches a resistance roll against another stunbolt as she sprints back to the van, going into physical overflow and taking a nice little snooze inside her armor. Pidgin manages to dispatch the spirit by shouting at it before she can get stunbolted again. She takes off for the van, managing to get as far as the unconscious Artemis before another arrow flies from over the wall and embeds itself in her cyberfoot, pinning her to the pavement. She's still conscious, but she's in a lot of pain and she cannot currently move from where she lies next to Artemis, and even though Valk is now speeding towards her in the van, help seems so far away...

That's all I have for now, as this is still an ongoing campaign. We play again today at 5 p.m. EST, and I'll be updating this thread with our next session after that. In the meantime, don't be shy, read, comment, ask questions, and generally enjoy yourself at our expense. That's what this thread is here for. grinbig.gif
Paul
I look forward to reading more. I'm digesting things for now, but I'll try to come back with some input and questions!
Udoshi
QUOTE (Paul @ Jan 27 2012, 11:49 AM) *
I look forward to reading more. I'm digesting things for now, but I'll try to come back with some input and questions!

Same! Don't be discouraged due to the lack of replies.

Loch, do you actually want feedback? What i've read sounds pretty positive so far.
Dez384
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jan 27 2012, 10:19 PM) *

Loch, do you actually want feedback? What i've read sounds pretty positive so far.

Any feedback or commentary is appreciated. At least three of the players in this game (myself included) are on dumpshock and personally I like to hear people's comments on what we've done.
Loch
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jan 27 2012, 10:19 PM) *

It's up to you guys really. I'm putting this up mostly for people's enjoyment more than anything, but if you have suggestions, ways to help me kill entertain my players, or just cool things you think would fit in this game, I'm all ears. Since I do a lot of bookkeeping on this game anyway, I'm just happy for other people to get the same enjoyment out of it that I get going in. smile.gif
Midas
Thanks for sharing, and keep it coming!

Sounds good so far. I like the way you breathe life into the setting with the footie and hooligans and whatnot. The adept archer bodyguard seems quite fearsome, although I am not sure if having him pin a PC to the ground with an arrow isn't adding a bit too much insult to injury ... Sounds like your players are game enough to roll with the punches though, so I guess it all adds to the grittiness!
Loch
QUOTE (Midas @ Jan 28 2012, 12:22 AM) *
Thanks for sharing, and keep it coming!

Sounds good so far. I like the way you breathe life into the setting with the footie and hooligans and whatnot. The adept archer bodyguard seems quite fearsome, although I am not sure if having him pin a PC to the ground with an arrow isn't adding a bit too much insult to injury ... Sounds like your players are game enough to roll with the punches though, so I guess it all adds to the grittiness!

Funny story about that bow adept... I needed a bodyguard for Ashton on the spot, so I just picked a cool concept and ran with what I know can be built in 750 Karma for a bow adept. He's been rolling pretty hot, but having a PC-sized dicepool helps. The pinning to the concrete thing only happened because Pidgin rolled a glitch to dodge the arrow; I'm a fan of adding interesting twists to combat via glitches and so on, and it's something that comes up in combat quite often with this group! smile.gif
Stahlseele
The Archer sounds like one of my characters ^^
Hamsnibit
Please go on, i curious how they are going to get out of this.
Wejoto
if you have suggestions, ways to help me kill entertain slaughter my players, or just cool things you think would fit in this game, I'm all ears.

Fixed that for you, Loch.
Error
Yeah, that really sounds like my group. Our last session (once the alcohol and shiny objects were added) had almost no progression in storyline or mission, mainly a huge lot of IC BSing. Fun was had by all anyhow, so I'll count it a win for now.

I love it how a tame campaign idea went to crazy group idea to a rather interesting sounding group and game. This started with all the hallmarks of a game that was going to spin right off the rails from the get go but it sounds like its coming together and running pretty nice.

I'll definitely be remembering the phrase Cascade of incompetence. Nice work!
Dez384
Valk here; today was a really good session. I can't wait to see how Loch spins the tale.
Loch
QUOTE (Dez384 @ Jan 29 2012, 06:15 PM) *
Valk here; today was a really good session. I can't wait to see how Loch spins the tale.

Keep it in your pants.
Loch
It's been a very long week and I've been very lazy in getting this written up, but I am now sufficiently liquored up to continue spooling out the tales of everybody's favorite band of XX-chromosome malcontents.

Session the Third:
In which things get sticky

So- Artemis is unconscious on the pavement, Pidgin is sprawled next to her, conscious, but in no shape to get up anytime soon thanks to wound modifiers and the large broadhead pinning her foot to the concrete. The van is rapidly careening towards them, Valk at the wheel while Song screams frantically for somebody to just do something. Brandy is busy fighting off Black IC in her rigger cocoon.

It is at this point that a new player arrives on the scene- a London Police drone, replete with flashing lights, shock handcuffs and a riot foam projector (remember the riots from last night, girls?). Valk doesn't think much of it at first, leaping out of the car to run towards her teammates. For her impertinence, the drone awards her one blob of Freeze Foam glue, sticking her to the pavement just out of reach of Pidgin. She manages to break free just as Pidgin undoes the quick-release on her modular cyberleg and leaves the foot on the sidewalk. Pidgin gets thrown into the van by the buff cyber-girl, and proceeds to crawl into the corner and moan about wound modifiers. Brandy finally fights off the black IC and manages to jack out, absorbing her dumpshock and passing out. The drone gums up two of the tires on the van with Freeze Foam; Song eventually manages to summon a spirit to go kill the thing, but it gets stunbolted back to oblivion before it can draw a bead on the 'bot. Valk lifts up the hapless Artemis with a mighty heave and tosses her in the van... just as another glob of Freeze Foam thwacks her in the face, knocking her down. Valk is now pinned to the road by the rapidly hardening foam, as is a third tire on the van.

After a bit of faff with levitation magic, brute strength, and another of those pesky arrows taking out the Police drone, Valk manages to pull herself off the road and, head still covered in foam, get into the van and try to drive off. However, given that three tires are glued stuck and she can't see all that well, things go...poorly. The van tears off the road, but the wheels don't exactly spin, and the van slides like a greased pig backwards, careening into the side wall.

Valk and Song are the only ones still conscious after the crash. They quickly extricate themselves from the mostly-intact van, and decide to do the noble thing and abandon their "teammates" to the authorities. Aided by some spirit movement, they get a good clip going, but the bow adept isn't having any of that. Song goes down first to a stick-and-shock arrow, skidding to a halt by a dumpster a block or so from the van. Valk gets about ten meters further before she too succumbs to overflow from stick and shock arrows.

We called it there.
bobbaganoosh
I'm worried about what's going to happen to the cyberleg. Oh, and the characters, too.
Edit: I see you fixed the numbering. It's late for me, too. But reading is so much easier than writing.
Loch
Session the Fourth
I wanna do him!

The girls are captured by John Ashton's people. As they're all in serious condition, they're brought back to Carrington Financial's HQ in the Crystal Phallus for patching up so that they can talk. Valk and Pidgin wake up floating in vats in a cybersurgery room, their limbs detached and lying spread out on tables across the room. Artemis is wheeled in, strapped to a bed, Song comes in in some kind of big black gel-lined coffin, and Brandy gets shoved into the room by two guards with assault rifles. Ashton enters, flanked by his security mage and a large albino ork with a longbow on his back. Ashton is seven kinds of pissed and wants to know what the hell they were doing on his property and why he shouldn't just kill them now. Making good use of social skill rolls, Pidgin glibly tells him everything-- how they broke in to steal the tires to steal his car later, how they were hired by the johnson, the whole deal.

The ork with the bow-- a streetwise adept known as Agincourt--manages to ID their johnson from Pidgin's description of him. Mr. Johnson's "real" name is Gabriel Allen, a negotiator who seems to work exclusively between London and Wales, hiring runners in one city at the behest of his backers in the other. Ashton surmises that a shrewd backdoor talker like Allen wouldn't hire five incompetents just to pull a simple job like this one- there must be a second, or even a third runner team working on something else Allen needs done. But there's still the matter of what to do with the five un-armed women here in front of him. They've intruded on corporate, and more importantly, personal, property, but on the other hand, these ladies managed to make a fantastic mess in quite a short span of time. That's the sort of thing that could come in handy if Allen's other team is to be stopped.

Ashton decides to make the girls an offer: if they manage to stop or eliminate Gabriel's other team, or take out Gabriel Allen himself, he will graciously not kill them. Not wanting to die, they accept. It is at this point that the girls have a spot of "good luck": the power goes out. It seems that Allen's prime runner team have decided to make their move, and their target is somewhere in the building.

Ashton and his bodyguards beat a hasty exit from the complex as the girls break loose from their respective prisons, put on their respective cyber-limbs, break through their respective doors and lockers to get their respective equipment, and put it on. All this takes a good bit of time, however, and when our heroines emerge ready for work, there's a full-blown firefight going on in the lobby, the attached underground parking garage, and up at the top of the spire between HTR and a pissed-off troll keeping them from reaching the nexus room. Deciding that they can kick more ass separately, the girls split up. Brandy runs behind Pidgin and Valk up to the top while Song follows the power-armored she-goat down to the lobby.

In the lobby, Song and Artemis find a number of bodies, including the corpse of an ork who isn't in corp uniform; he's clutching an AA-16 shotgun in his cold, dead hands, and appears to have died of a hideously large puncture wound going between his ribs and out the other side.

Up top, Valk and Pidgin move into position outside the corridor leading to the nexus room. The troll's managed to finish off the HTR guys with a grenade, and he takes a taser bullet from Valk's machine pistol and stays on his feet. Song summons up a spirit to help the crew up top deal with the troll and the hackers beyond him in the nexus room. Then things get interesting.

Somebody shoots out the window opposite the hallway, and an instant later, that somebody drives through the open window. A motorcycle with custom black body armor styled like a black unicorn with a cowcatcher on the front comes through the empty window and barrels into the troll, pinning him to the wall. The rider, leaping from the saddle at the last moment before impact, lands on his feet next to Valk. He's an imposing brute, standing a full two meters tall and clad in military grade power armor pimped out like a black suit of gothic plate armor. His faceless helm sports a black plume, and the armor is decorated all over with rude hand gestures and swear words from a half dozen cultures and tongues. All this seems secondary to the two handed sword in his left hand, a sword that the black knight puts to deadly use, slashing Valk across the helmet and knocking her on her ass (and back into physical wound territory, again). With a curt German command, Prince Un-charming strides off down the hallway, presumably intent on lopping more heads. Valk is apparently extremely turned on by all this, even as she begins coughing up blood.

Pidgin rushes to Valk and helps her up. Sir Hacks-a-lot is a bit down the hall now, having just dealt with the troll impaled on his bike. He steps over the bike and continues towards the nexus room, where Song's spirit has already begun trying to stunbolt anything that moves in there. The girls don't even know what's going on anymore, but Pidgin and Valk hatch a plan.

Valk charges the knight, lashing out with her fighting stick. The knight parries. Pidgin leaps in soon after, reaching out twice with her elbow talons. Sweeping their blows aside with an almost bored amusement, the knight opens up, swinging at both of them with his sword in a wide arc. Valk is hit and knocked on her ass again; the comparatively lighter Pidgin is sent careening down the hallway into a nearby trashcan, which begins rolling slowly down the large spiral staircase around the outermost hallways of the building. Brandy does the smart thing and books it back down the staircase. Just before she loses consciousness, Valk sees the knight turn, round the corner into the nexus room, and hears the sounds of screams. Song is acutely aware of the disruption of her spirit friend.

Artemis gets down to the parking garage and finds an ongoing firefight between corpsec guards and some troublemakers in a van at the other end with automatic weapons. Spirits are also duking it out here in the middle of all the gunfire. Artemis blows up the van with a well-placed grenade from her AR, then turns to run back up the long staircase to the top to help out her buddies. The knight has retrieved his mount by now and rapidly makes his descent down the stairs on his motorbike. On the way down, Brandy and Artemis decide to hide from the scary motorcycle with the ram plate; Song thinks about trying to stop him, but the knight shoots a gout of flame at her on the way past and she thinks better of it. With the motorcycle gone, all hostiles on the premises are now accounted for. The girls get their van back and leave.

On the way out, they get a call from Agincourt. Mr. Ashton holds their agreement as fulfilled, and they are free to go on with their merry lives. He also wires them a small bonus, given the additional complications- nuyen.gif 10,000. Loot is split, Karma awarded, and the girls retire to their respective abodes, though not all do so peacefully, given that some still have rent and debt money to pay this month.
Loch
QUOTE (bobbaganoosh @ Feb 5 2012, 02:17 AM) *
I'm worried about what's going to happen to the cyberleg. Oh, and the characters, too.
Did I miss something, or where's session the third?

Drat. It's very late. We've only had four sessions so far, tomorrow will be session the fifth.
Editing the numbers to correct that now.
ShadowDragon8685
Wow, Loch, you play full-court jungleball, don't you?

Still, any one you walk away from with loot and Karma, right? Even if they are going to get some notoriety for that "turning on their employer" stunt.

And I may have to steal the imagery of that black knight... Does he happen to do any work in the Pacific Northwest, by any chance? smile.gif
Loch
I admit, my ideas tend a bit towards the hyperbolic side of things grinbig.gif

And yes, while I don't pull punches during play, anybody who survives usually finds it was worth the time (multiple burnt edge points for Pidgin notwithstanding).

Curiously, the runners did not pick up any notoriety for being turncoats; the smart players in my group should already be scratching their heads as to why...
The Jake
This is hillarious. I'm sure this will eventually culminate in an entry into the CLUE files but everyone seems to be playing their characters well and everyone has a wickedly wild and interesting concept!

- J.
Dez384
QUOTE (Loch @ Feb 5 2012, 04:37 AM) *
Curiously, the runners did not pick up any notoriety for being turncoats; the smart players in my group should already be scratching their heads as to why...

Y'know, we were expecting that notoriety gain (we asked about it). I'd say that the above statement would make me paranoid, but knowing your games, it's only a matter of time until we are all just filled with existential dread.

Also:
love.gif Zweihander love.gif
Loch
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 5 2012, 03:50 AM) *
And I may have to steal the imagery of that black knight... Does he happen to do any work in the Pacific Northwest, by any chance? smile.gif

He's technically a runner out of the Allied German States, but he'll work anywhere so long as the money's right. The more interesting question is who he's working for...
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Loch @ Feb 5 2012, 11:37 AM) *
He's technically a runner out of the Allied German States, but he'll work anywhere so long as the money's right. The more interesting question is who he's working for...

Looking like that? Probably Horizon wanting to use his imagery for some kind of big-budget production and they hire him to do a few high-profile smash and smash jobs as a viral marketing technique.

Then of course they go and recast him as an elf woman.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012