Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aesir?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tashiro
"...it absolutely perfectly crappy if you're Scandinavian you just might express UGE by becoming either an Aesir (a literal angel, forsaking your physical body to ascent to the Astral Plane) or, A Frost Giant! Like Thrym! Which means phenomenal cosmic power, magical abilities, 12' feet tall and double-digit body and strength stats!... and an allergy to anything over freezing point."

What? Is this in the novels or something, because I don't remember seeing any of this in the sourcebooks. Is this true?
Critias
Not that I've ever seen (in a novel or otherwise). Maybe it's in some non-English sourcebook?
Tashiro
I've no idea. Also, it was pointed out 'Crawling Chaos' is in Shadowrun, and I'm trying to find evidence of this specific person and what they're doing. Also someone called 'The Matron'. TV Tropes has a lot of information in Shadowrun I want to get a hold of.
Hound
Immediately after the Aesir reference they quote "Awakenings: New Magic in 2057" as being one of the "later supplements" so I'm guessing that page has not been updated in a while. Probably some obscure reference to older editions.
Stahlseele
The Aesir were the old northern gods of Asgard. Never been in Shadowrun.
Also, Giants never had problems with temperatures that other people did not.
Tashiro
There has been some updates - such as mentioning Harlequin having stats recently and such. But yeah, I'm really wondering. Would it be in Awakenings, perhaps?
CanRay
The Æsir aren't too popular in the world at the moment, due to Winternight. Which really pisses off the Ásatrú something fierce.
Stahlseele
one day, i have to play a hugely obese Giant Metavariant with the names of Volstagg the Valiant, Volstagg the Voluminous, and Volstagg the Enormous, Lion of Asgard . .
It would appear to me to be a tongue-in-cheek reference to geographic metavariants and Scandanavian myths.
toturi
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 28 2012, 09:48 AM) *
one day, i have to play a hugely obese Giant Metavariant with the names of Volstagg the Valiant, Volstagg the Voluminous, and Volstagg the Enormous, Lion of Asgard . .

And your two friends are?
Medicineman
I'll be playing Fandral and Hogun
(I allready have a Spike Baby Swordmage and a NAN Surged male Dryad .They might fit)

HoughDaJe
Medicineman
Mäx
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jan 28 2012, 01:59 AM) *
"...it absolutely perfectly crappy if you're Scandinavian you just might express UGE by becoming either an Aesir (a literal angel, forsaking your physical body to ascent to the Astral Plane) or, A Frost Giant! Like Thrym! Which means phenomenal cosmic power, magical abilities, 12' feet tall and double-digit body and strength stats!... and an allergy to anything over freezing point."

What? Is this in the novels or something, because I don't remember seeing any of this in the sourcebooks. Is this true?

That whole section you quoted that from is apparently descripting content of the fan made Montana state sourcebook.
Tashiro
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jan 28 2012, 02:12 AM) *
(I allready have a Spike Baby Swordmage and a NAN Surged male Dryad .They might fit)

HoughDaJe
Medicineman

There's such a thing as male dryads in SR? Cool if that's true.
Tashiro
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jan 28 2012, 12:04 PM) *
That whole section you quoted that from is apparently descripting content of the fan made Montana state sourcebook.

Hmm, can't find it anywhere. :\
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jan 28 2012, 10:18 AM) *

Why wouldn't there be. Have to maintain the purity of the population some how. smile.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jan 28 2012, 01:18 PM) *
Friend of mine had one have a sex-change operation...
Medicineman
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jan 28 2012, 12:18 PM) *

You take a male Elf and surge all the Dryad Qualities and Voilá a Male Dryad (Plus 5 or 10 saved Points wink.gif )

with a min/maxed Dance
Medicineman
Mäx
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jan 28 2012, 08:18 PM) *

Second edition runners companion said Dryads are an all female meta-variant, but considering how much the metavariant has changed from that version, i wouldn't nay say a male Dryad just cos of that, as 4th edition has no mention of them being all female.
Seriphen
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jan 28 2012, 02:12 AM) *

HoughDaJe
Medicineman

Nice, now we just need someone to make Lady Sif.
Lantzer
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Jan 27 2012, 11:35 PM) *
I've no idea. Also, it was pointed out 'Crawling Chaos' is in Shadowrun, and I'm trying to find evidence of this specific person and what they're doing. Also someone called 'The Matron'. TV Tropes has a lot of information in Shadowrun I want to get a hold of.

If Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos, is wandering around in SR, I'd look in corporate boardrooms and R&D facilities. Maybe Roxbourough was a cover ID?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012