Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hacking the Matrix
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TP13
I started a similar thread on the official forums a few weeks ago, but I figured their may be a different audience here. I wanted to get a better understanding of how to hack the matrix so I wrote a step by step decision tree guide for myself. I got good feedback on the official forum and would really appreciate it if folks would read it and offer me feedback as far as my understanding and interpretation of the rules. If there are cool tricks for hacking that I missed and should include please let me know. My hope is that this could be something useful for players and GMs who have a hard time putting everything together in the right order from the books alone.. Please find download link below. And thanks for reading.

I added a mirror link for folks who don't have an official forum account.

Google Doc

Shadowrun 4 Link
Udoshi
FYI I noticed you linked to an attachment. They're not publicly viewable, and I'm feeling lazy and not registering for that.

You may want to post the juicy contents of this whatever-the-drek file if you want people to actually respond to it.

Also, fixed the link to your shameless plugged thread for you
lunavoco
Seconded. I'd love to see this, but make it more available.
TP13
The mirror link a added should work
lunavoco
The mirror link requires 3rd party software installation for downloads. Definitely not doing that.
Aaron
That's a nice cheat sheet you've got there.
Seriously Mike
Dude, what are you? Never heard of Google Docs? Everyone here is using that shit, just so we don't have to deal with upload sites that don't work, "mirror creator" sites that are fucking useless and MS Word files that can be infected with some shit.
TP13
I added it as a google doc
noonesshowmonkey
Despite how rude they can be, Dumpshockers thank you for your work.

The guide looks pretty damned helpful.

You rule.
NorthernWolf
Hey thanks. I have actually been using this recently. Your current version is much better than the previous one. Great work!
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Feb 5 2012, 01:05 PM) *
Dude, what are you? Never heard of Google Docs? Everyone here is using that shit, just so we don't have to deal with upload sites that don't work, "mirror creator" sites that are fucking useless and MS Word files that can be infected with some shit.

Yeah, what a stupid shit, making this useful thing and then not making it fucking easy enough for us to fucking see! Serves that dick right for asking for our help in making a better product for the community. Fuck! Piss! Argyle!
Trigger
This is a nice Doc, I like the layout and internal linking. Planning on showing this to my hacker characters to speed things up during game. Thanks for sharing this.
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (TP13 @ Feb 5 2012, 04:36 PM) *
I added it as a google doc

Great job. Of course I copied it and pasted to GDocs too, but since I wasn't the one who wrote it, I kept it private.

Sorry for my earlier outburst, I just had a bad day.
Seriously Mike
I have a suggestion for the next edition: maybe a list of programs with links to related actions? Ie. Exploit is used for this, this and this, etc.
Darquewing
This looks to be a really useful file. I'll probably be printing for use in the hacker game I'm starting next week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012