Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PSA
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Falanin
http://imgur.com/ruany
Paul
This is why they need a tangent type forum. I thought I was getting something related to Shadowrun.
Hamsnibit
QUOTE (Paul @ Feb 6 2012, 01:02 AM) *
This is why they need a tangent type forum. I thought I was getting something related to Shadowrun.

Did you take a look into certain critter books?
Dropbears are real man, they lurk out there eating people, chummer.
Paul
Unfortunately.
CanRay
QUOTE (Paul @ Feb 5 2012, 08:22 PM) *
Unfortunately.
HMHVV-Infected Koalas are Shadowrun. nyahnyah.gif

And are not part of the "Equal Rights To Ghouls" thing going on, either!
Jhaiisiin
QUOTE (Paul @ Feb 5 2012, 05:02 PM) *

As mentioned, Drop Bears *are* related to shadowrun. Originally was a fan-created critter that eventually became canon.
A couple threads in as many days about this ridiculous in-joke is just a couple too many for my tastes, especially when they don't come labeled.
Jhaiisiin
Wow, bitter much? You'd think you'd find it neat that a fan-created piece ended up being adopted by the writers and included in the product.
Blitz66
That is pretty neat. On the other hand, forum threads really should have somewhat descriptive titles.
Paul
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Feb 6 2012, 01:29 AM) *
Wow, bitter much? You'd think you'd find it neat that a fan-created piece ended up being adopted by the writers and included in the product.

Crap judgment on their part doesn't equate to enjoyment on my part. Yeah a fan made it, it still sucks. The good news is you can still enjoy it, regardless of whether I like it or not.
ravensmuse
I gotta chime in with my complaint being that I don't click links that aren't described like, at all. Sorry, broke too many computers that way biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Feb 6 2012, 06:29 AM) *

You'll have to take my word for it - or, you know, don't - but I don't really have a reason to be bitter about fan-created material ending up in official works. I just think drop bears are pretty dumb, and two unlabeled threads about them in two days is, as I say, "too much for my tastes," although you're obviously welcome to enjoy them as you please, good sir.
Jhaiisiin
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Feb 6 2012, 04:33 AM) *
I gotta chime in with my complaint being that I don't click links that aren't described like, at all. Sorry, broke too many computers that way biggrin.gif

This is not a bad policy to have.

QUOTE (3278 @ Feb 6 2012, 06:34 AM) *
You'll have to take my word for it - or, you know, don't - but I don't really have a reason to be bitter about fan-created material ending up in official works. I just think drop bears are pretty dumb, and two unlabeled threads about them in two days is, as I say, "too much for my tastes," although you're obviously welcome to enjoy them as you please, good sir.

That's fair. For what it's worth, you have my apologies for ragging on you about your opinion. "To each their own" is a phrase I usually try to abide by. Not sure why I didn't do that here.
nezumi
I enjoyed the "PSA", but I agree that poorly labeled threads are frustrating (and I missed whatever the other poorly labeled thread is because it is poorly labeled).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012