Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happens when a spirit is killed?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
NorthernWolf
I have searched the SR4a and Street Magic, and these boards, my apologies if this has been answered somewhere.

When a BOUND spirit is called by a mage, sent to do combat, and all boxes of their damage track are filled, what happens?

Does that simply remove one service? Can the mage recall the spirit immediately?

Also, Im having a little trouble understanding spirit combat. Am I doing the following right:

The spirit has ItNW, therefore Armor is 2xMagic (Which is just 2xForce because all of its attributes are = Force, correct?)

So that means a F5 Spirit has 10 Armor. So when 5 guards open fire will full burst, they can potentially smoke that spirit, right?

Argh... Thanks.
Yerameyahu
They're disrupted, poof, to their home plane. Do not pass Go. smile.gif

They're more or less the same as anything with 10 Armor, except it's 'hardened protection'. One guard could do it, if he rolled well. 'Hardened' means the attack *must* beat the armor (reduced by AP) to do damage; there's no 'stage down to stun'. The full burst wouldn't help much, though; that extra DV doesn't count toward beating the hardened aspect. Once you're there, though, the burst-based DV can be applied.
Bigity
QUOTE (NorthernWolf @ Feb 6 2012, 04:31 PM) *
I have searched the SR4a and Street Magic, and these boards, my apologies if this has been answered somewhere.

When a BOUND spirit is called by a mage, sent to do combat, and all boxes of their damage track are filled, what happens?

Does that simply remove one service? Can the mage recall the spirit immediately?

Also, Im having a little trouble understanding spirit combat. Am I doing the following right:

The spirit has ItNW, therefore Armor is 2xMagic (Which is just 2xForce because all of its attributes are = Force, correct?)

So that means a F5 Spirit has 10 Armor. So when 5 guards open fire will full burst, they can potentially smoke that spirit, right?

Argh... Thanks.

IIRC, spirits ItNW counts as hardened armor, much makes it harder, but not impossible to gun down a spirit. And I think some spirits have different attributes based on their type, but I doubt Magic changes between the types in any case.

I couldn't really say how much harder spirits are to kill by mundane means compared to previous editions, I haven't played enough SR4.
NorthernWolf
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Feb 6 2012, 05:34 PM) *
They're disrupted, poof, to their home plane. Do not pass Go. smile.gif

Does that mean they are no longer bound? Their remaining services are lost? Or can they be instantly re-called?
Bigity
I believe they are away for 28 days, then are available. You probably lose a service for whatever they were doing at the time, but otherwise you still have them bound, but they still count against the limit.

I may be confusing some of that with ally spirits.
Yerameyahu
I thought it meant they were unbound, but now I dunno. smile.gif I never kept a spirit around longer than a few hours.
NorthernWolf
QUOTE (Bigity @ Feb 6 2012, 08:24 PM) *
I believe they are away for 28 days, then are available. You probably lose a service for whatever they were doing at the time, but otherwise you still have them bound, but they still count against the limit.

I may be confusing some of that with ally spirits.

Yeah I found the reference on the SR boards. Bound spirits are Gone for 28 (-Force) days.

Thanks!
Lantzer
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Feb 7 2012, 02:30 AM) *
I thought it meant they were unbound, but now I dunno. smile.gif I never kept a spirit around longer than a few hours.

I've never bothered to bind a spirit if it'll be around that short a time.
Yerameyahu
… You have to, if you want more than one. Then you use up its services, boom.
Lantzer
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Feb 7 2012, 06:10 PM) *
… You have to, if you want more than one. Then you use up its services, boom.

True enough. I just tended to maintain a "stable" of such spirits for those situations. Less drain when its important. But we all know that sometimes things don't go as planned, so you are correct.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012