Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone run a Dinosaur run?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tiralee
What I'm asking is if ayoneone's done a campaign/run using their 3rd edition characters and 'ported them over to 4th edition using such standbys as a prison sentence, coma, cryogenic facility, dumpshock from hell, that sort of thing?

They might still have some skills that'd work in the 4th world, but sweet FA in the way of contacts, a big technology step to overcome, no SIN (fake or otherwise) and precious little cash.

Has anyone tried to remint their old favourites into people older, harder, more bitter, maybe afraid of the changed world but not going to let it take them down?

If so, please let me know - I'm fascinated in how you managed it.

-Tir
Chinane
Do you really feel the world has changed THAT much?
Apart from the new wirelessness everywhere it doesn't seem to be that different to me.
Aerospider
QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 14 2012, 10:26 AM) *
Do you really feel the world has changed THAT much?
Apart from the new wirelessness everywhere it doesn't seem to be that different to me.

In SR Seattle, if you're not accustomed to seeing something new every other day you need to get more!
Mercer
I haven't, but that comes from a group habit of making new characters for each edition. I tend to be the most loyal player in my group, I tend to have one or two characters that I play the majority of the time as opposed to the other players who switch out characters every few runs, or have a stable of characters that they draw from. I've retired a few characters, and I can't say I've thought much about how they would have dealt with the Crash 2.0-- in part because the system is so different I think of it as a different game, and in part because once a character rides off into the sunset (so to speak) I like to leave it alone.
Thanee
QUOTE (Tiralee @ Feb 14 2012, 10:36 AM) *
If so, please let me know - I'm fascinated in how you managed it.

You might like the Shadowrun short stories from Spells & Chrome then, as there are two (I think), which deal with this (aged runner in the new wireless world).

Bye
Thanee
Jet
I have run "Silver Angel", "EyeWitness" and most of "Harlequin" quite successfully. I do a read through of the scenario and substitute contacts, mooks & archtypes from SR4 as needed to keep the flavor and spirit of the adventure. There is not usually a lot of need to do major changes; for example "Silver Angel" requires the players to break in to a research facility and perform a datasteal. The big changes were that I used the new 4th ed mooks for opposition instead if the originals. Updated mooks, vehicles, gear, and fluff were 90% of what I had to do.
crash2029
I did. I took my long-running character, John, and remade him as a new character. The reduced abilities were due to too much downtime and the lack of funds was because of medical bills when he goblinized during the comet. It actually worked pretty well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012