Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How does your GM do mind probing?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
sircnay
Okay so when I mind probe a character and get crazy amounts of sucesses this is one of the most hilarious mind probes my GM has done. Think of this as a dialogue.

GM: *takes a deep breath, flails his hands into circles making a swirling noise and closes his eyes* You dive into his mind. You see in front of you birds. Black birds. All of them ravens. In their talons they're carrying little doors. CAW! CAW! They shout. CAW! Some of the doors are red. Some, blue. Some pink. Some chartruce and others are off-white but not quite beige. One is wearing a little pink dress and is shouting, "NO UNCLE BEN! NO!" You are a goddess with many arms *flails his arms* riding on dolphins who carry you. Where do you want to go?

ME: I want to go to the pink dressed door.

GM: You burst through the door with your well endowed bosom shattering the dress. You see... OH GOD NO! You run back out. The dolphins are crying, their tears burning like salt on a wound.

ME: *laughing uncontrollably* I want to go to the door marked, "Barlowe's location."

GM: The dolphins carry you at full speed crashing through the red door shattering it into a million pieces, some fall into your clevage and tickles you. The pieces begin to grow and cover all of you. You try to resist but the warmth holds you in and you feel like letting go completely. The red door clings to your ear and whispers... gently and lovingly, "he's in the warehouse."

ME: *on the ground laughing* I want to leave.

GM: *makes the swirly noises and flails his arms* You shake your body free of the red and your dolphins cry as they lift you off into space. You awake, your mind free as a bird and your body well tuned to your emotions.
Blackpool
question.gif question.gif question.gif

Ask your GM what he has in that pipe of his cause I want some.

To answer the question...or at least type to, umm. Yeah, noone actually has used Mindprobe in my games yet. I dunno why, since two characters have it and it would have been useful at least twice now. I'd probably describe it more like a flashback...a rush of random memories until they got the information they wanted. Now if the guy they're probing was all hopped up on LSD or something, then I might use the kind of stuff you posted...but I don't see that happening none too soon.
broho_pcp
I love it. I am now looking forward to the next time I have a PC who uses Mindprobe, It seems like it could be more fun than a creative person with trid phantasm.
TinkerGnome
Okay, that's funny. Making mind probing more like running the matrix... that's kind of cool.
Phaeton
...Wow...Just...Wow. That was absolutely hilarious. I have to wonder how the rest of the aspects of your game go...
sircnay
Well... we're all ambiguously gay as everytime we interact with each other's PC it goes something like. "I want to go over and sleep at Cole's house... only naked... and holding him closely."

Or we do some things that are just completely ridiculous, such as my friend and I camped out sitting on lawn chairs in front of his open door to his low lifestyle apartment and babysat this artist whom we were trying to kidnap. If my stunball didn't work my friend with his crazy high throwing skills and strength was going to launch the lawnchair at him.

And we never walk or run, we frollic and skip. I tried flirting with our Johnson once. "So... Johnson is it? I bet that has more meaning to it than you think, eh big boy?"

We got kicked out of the club.
John Campbell
Maybe it was the caster that was all hopped up on LSD. Sounds like a Dolphin shaman to me... and we all know about those shamans, don't we....
BGMFH
Personally, when I GM, mindprobing is done with a fresh sturgeon.
Blackpool
Well, that all definitely makes more sense now that I know more about your style of play. It's far from the way that my group plays and I'll wager to say far from how along of other Dumpshockers play. To me Shadowrun is a much more serious game. But to each their own, if you're having fun that's all that matters.
sircnay
It's very serious to us. But we just have fun when we play. When we do things like flirt with the johnson or try to makeout with people holding guns to our heads, we are just kidding. It's all fun and games. spin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012