Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [RL] AR goggles
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bigity
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/21/g...y-years-end/?hp

I like another item at the end of the article, that Apple is working on wrist computers. (Do those even exist in SR4? - I guess you'd just call it a commlink and move on)
Tech_Rat
Release date: purchase immediately.
Stahlseele
Google to the Rescue O.o
Hopefully, they will have good enough resolution to use them for some multimedia stuff too . .
Draco18s
I am both horrified and fascinated by this.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Bigity @ Feb 22 2012, 09:23 AM) *
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/21/g...y-years-end/?hp

I like another item at the end of the article, that Apple is working on wrist computers. (Do those even exist in SR4? - I guess you'd just call it a commlink and move on)

Yeah, but the commlink & contact lenses that do the same in SR4 (and also are less obvious) would cost only a few hundred nuyen compared to the several hundred dollars this android/goggle combo appears to be.

Smart phones these days are almost commlinks in SR4 anyway. All they're missing is the CPU power to play World Of Warcraft in true 3D HD, or the ability to think you're really getting fellatio.
Draco18s
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Feb 22 2012, 03:01 PM) *
Smart phones these days are almost commlinks in SR4 anyway. All they're missing is the CPU power to play World Of Warcraft in true 3D HD, or the ability to think you're really getting fellatio.

If I had a smart phone that had the ability to make me think I'm really getting fellatio, I don't think I'd ever leave my house.
Stahlseele
Samsung Galaxy Note < = accept no substitute!
Bigity
And once again there is proof that the only part of SR dumpshockers really want, is the simsense.
JanessaVR
QUOTE (Bigity @ Feb 22 2012, 01:26 PM) *
And once again there is proof that the only part of SR dumpshockers really want, is the simsense.

Not true - I want the magic. If you're a muggle, you just don't count, you're a non-person.
Bigity
You don't want magic back, you want yourself to have magic back. Big difference wink.gif

JanessaVR
QUOTE (Bigity @ Feb 22 2012, 01:36 PM) *
You don't want magic back, you want yourself to have magic back. Big difference wink.gif

Well, of course, silly! smile.gif
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Bigity @ Feb 22 2012, 02:26 PM) *

Not true. Just going where the real money is wink.gif
Ears
So, this is the, what, 15th year in a row we're getting really usable AR hardware by the end of the year? Might have missed a few ones in the '90s though...
Daylen
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Feb 22 2012, 10:13 PM) *
Not true. Just going where the real money is wink.gif

I want BTL tech.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012