Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Female Troll!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tashiro
Page 13 of Jet Set has an actual female troll in the artwork. About time! biggrin.gif It took what, 20 years? wink.gif
Dr.Rockso
Pretty sure there's been some before Jet Set. Seattle 2072, for instance.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Mar 9 2012, 04:07 PM) *
Page 13 of Jet Set has an actual female troll in the artwork. About time! biggrin.gif It took what, 20 years? wink.gif

Do Metavariants count? The Formoian in Runner's Companion is actually kinda hot.
snowRaven
Prime Runners had one: Shoot-To-Kill - that was in '94... (Ral Partha even made a mini of her)

I have a feeling there's another one, but I can't remember which book and I really don't feel like flipping through them all to find her grinbig.gif
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Mar 9 2012, 04:12 PM) *
Do Metavariants count? The Formoian in Runner's Companion is actually kinda hot.

Eh. Maybe if she had a different facial expression.
Medicineman
Länder der Verheißung (....? Lands of Promise ? the old SR3 Sourcebook about the Elfish Nations has a Troll Prostitute on Page 168 (Tir Na Nog Chapter))

with a Trolldance
Medicineman
snowRaven
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 9 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Länder der Verheißung (....? Lands of Promise ? the old SR3 Sourcebook about the Elfish Nations has a Troll Prostitute on Page 168 (Tir Na Nog Chapter))

with a Trolldance
Medicineman

Thank you!

It's in Tir na nOg, pg.56 (published -93) I think that was the first one.
Neraph
QUOTE (Tashiro @ Mar 9 2012, 03:07 PM) *

Page 5, first printing of SR4.
CanRay
Wasn't there one of a Schoolgirl Troll in an earlier book?
Garou
Not an image, but the main character of the "Secrets of Power" trilogy had a sister that became a troll, then a Wendigo, when the virus was different than it is today... smile.gif
Critias
QUOTE (Garou @ Mar 9 2012, 07:20 PM) *
Not an image, but the main character of the "Secrets of Power" trilogy had a sister that became a troll, then a Wendigo, when the virus was different than it is today... smile.gif

Hmm. I'm pretty sure Janice was an ork, not a troll.
Stahlseele
yah, she was an Ork.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Mar 9 2012, 04:31 PM) *
Eh. Maybe if she had a different facial expression.

I get the feeling she's about to unload an entire semi-trailer full of whoop-ass on someone, that's why the expression. smile.gif
Blade
The Rat Shaman in SR4 was female, even if it's not really obvious.
And Earthdawn had sexy female trolls.
snowRaven
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 9 2012, 11:58 PM) *

SR3 rules maybe?

I think '93 was the first female SR Troll though.
Sengir
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 9 2012, 10:57 PM) *
Länder der Verheißung (....? Lands of Promise ? the old SR3 Sourcebook about the Elfish Nations

"Promised Lands", if you go by the biblical allusion wink.gif

It doesn't have on official English title since it was a German-only product which combined most of Tir Tairngire and Tir Na nOg with an extra section on Pomoroya.

PS: The troll on p. 13 looks really short, she's taller by a head than the folks around her but trolls are supposed to be a lot bigger than that...could be intentional, though.
EKBT81
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 9 2012, 11:58 PM) *

That was in Target:Matrix, in the paragraph on matrix brothels. spin.gif

QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 10 2012, 03:05 PM) *
PS: The troll on p. 13 looks really short, she's taller by a head than the folks around her but trolls are supposed to be a lot bigger than that...could be intentional, though.

Without having seen the picture in question: There must be some trolls that are below-average height, no? I guess that there's also still some sexual dimorphism in metahumans. Maybe she's just the troll equivalent of, let's say, a RL 5'1" / 1.55m woman. Especially if we were to consider the average heights given to be male averages.
Machiavelli
Can somebody post a picture or a link? Couldn´t find something in the net.
Blade
QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 10 2012, 03:05 PM) *

Trolls average height, in SR4, is 2.5m. (It was 2.8m in SR3). But there can be height difference between trolls the same way there is height difference between humans. You'll have 2.8m tall trolls and 2.2m tall trolls.

But there's also the fact that many artists just draw tall and strong humans with horns instead of trolls.
Patrick Goodman
Mihoshi Oni in Street Legends Supplemental is a fomori troll.
Sengir
QUOTE (EKBT81 @ Mar 10 2012, 04:56 PM) *
Without having seen the picture in question: There must be some trolls that are below-average height, no? I guess that there's also still some sexual dimorphism in metahumans. Maybe she's just the troll equivalent of, let's say, a RL 5'1" / 1.55m woman. Especially if we were to consider the average heights given to be male averages.

That's why I said "could be intentional" wink.gif

But as Blade said, there are far too many pictures with small trolls to explain all of them as "well, we wanted to show some height diversity". The average troll is a good 40% taller than the average human and has disproportionately longer arms, trolls are not simply basketball players with horns
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 12 2012, 08:23 AM) *
...trolls are not simply basketball players with horns

But the could be.... wink.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 12 2012, 09:23 AM) *
The average troll is a good 40% taller than the average human and has disproportionately longer arms, trolls are not simply basketball players with horns
More like Basketball-Sized Football Linebackers with horns.
almost normal
Street Shaman archetype in 20th is a female troll.
Sengir
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 12 2012, 05:22 PM) *
More like Basketball-Sized Football Linebackers with horns.

No goddammit, basketball is too small. The NBA average is around 2 meters, even the guy who according to WP "may have been the tallest basketball player" (a certain Suleiman Ali Nashnush) was "just" 2.45 m. Trolls are really freaking HUGE, and their arms are even longer than that.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (almost normal @ Mar 12 2012, 11:34 AM) *
Street Shaman archetype in 20th is a female troll.

And in regular edition 4th. But she looks much better in 20th
Machiavelli
So no pictures....*sob*
Sengir
I think this is small and low-res enough so that nobody should complain about copyrights: http://i41.tinypic.com/2dwafzl.jpg
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Mar 12 2012, 05:21 PM) *
But the could be.... wink.gif

Sounds like a giant to me...
Machiavelli
QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 13 2012, 05:00 PM) *
I think this is small and low-res enough so that nobody should complain about copyrights: http://i41.tinypic.com/2dwafzl.jpg

Thank you very much.

@all: is somebody capable to post a picture of shoot-to-kill? We own the book but i don´t have access. It lays in the GM´s dungeon (his room).^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012