Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Homeless Hotspots
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Draco18s
This popped up in my feed this morning:

http://gawker.com/5892662/how-the-stupid-i...h-by-south-west

AUSTIN, TX—As the awful demon-spawn of TED and a tech trade show, the South By Southwest Interactive Festival fetishizes good ideas—or at least what passes for ideas on Twitter. But the idea here that has attracted more attention than anything spouted by the many digital gurus and celebrity entrepreneurs on the mainstages has been a dumb one: Turning homeless people into wireless hotspots.
Tanegar
Dr. Rockso (he does cocaine) beat you to it.
almost normal
Seriously, take a second to read the forums before trying to be the first to post this "Breaking news" newbie.gif
Dr.Rockso
K-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-YEEEEEEEEEEEAH
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Mar 13 2012, 11:34 AM) *

Ah, missed that thread. Derp.

QUOTE (almost normal @ Mar 13 2012, 11:48 AM) *
Seriously, take a second to read the forums before trying to be the first to post this "Breaking news" newbie.gif

I do, thanks.
And if you want to newbie.gif at someone, do it at the guy who was the third guy to mention something (it was only a week ago).
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (almost normal @ Mar 13 2012, 11:48 AM) *

Did you really just 'newbie' someone whose post count is more than 75 times your own?
CanRay
*Looks hard at Dr. Rockso* Get your hand out of my pocket before I facedive you right into the Heavy Metal Birthday Cake.

AND YES I KNOW YOU DO COCAINE! A LOT OF COCAINE!!!
Draco18s
QUOTE (Dr.Rockso @ Mar 13 2012, 12:00 PM) *
Did you really just 'newbie' someone whose post count is more than 75 times your own?

And twice as old (join date).
almost normal
Who can't bother reading the last 5 posts, or using the search function before posting. Some people learn quick. Some people never learn at all.
Draco18s
QUOTE (almost normal @ Mar 13 2012, 12:19 PM) *
Who can't bother reading the last 5 posts, or using the search function before posting. Some people learn quick. Some people never learn at all.

I'm sorry, what part of "I managed to miss that one" did you not get?

Everyone makes mistakes (except you, apparently).

Now stop making yourself look like a donkey who went to college.
CanRay
I had one of those as a lab partner. He wasn't good for much other than holding tools.

Oh, and kicking the guy that annoyed us constantly. If only he didn't scream "Hee-Haw!" in my ear, it would have gone OK.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 13 2012, 12:26 PM) *
I had one of those as a lap partner.

I knew you Manitobans were into some unsavory business nyahnyah.gif
Redjack
Not really sure what to say about the dialog, but I am considering sending in Korben Dallas to negotiate...

EDIT: That would be for the snipes in the earlier posts.
almost normal
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Mar 13 2012, 01:20 PM) *
I'm sorry, what part of "I managed to miss that one" did you not get?

Everyone makes mistakes (except you, apparently).

Now stop making yourself look like a donkey who went to college.

It's okay to make mistakes. Just don't whine about it when someone calls you out for it. That's all.
CanRay
QUOTE (Redjack @ Mar 13 2012, 12:32 PM) *
Not really sure what to say about the dialog, but I am considering sending in Korben Dallas to negotiate...
I think I'd be more scared of Leeloo Dallas doing the negotiating.
Draco18s
QUOTE (almost normal @ Mar 13 2012, 12:33 PM) *
It's okay to make mistakes. Just don't whine about it when someone calls you out for it. That's all.

Compare and contrast these two conversation lines:

"Dr. Rockso (he does cocaine) beat you to it."

"Ah, missed that thread. Derp."

and

"Seriously, take a second to read the forums before trying to be the first to post this 'Breaking news.'" Noob.

"I do, thanks. And if you want to "noob" at someone, do it at the guy who was the third guy to mention something (it was only a week ago)."

"You can't bother reading the last 5 posts, or using the search function before posting. Some people learn quick. Some people never learn at all."

First conversation:
polite indication of mistake
respectful
apology and indication of realizing the mistake

Second conversation:
insulting indication of mistake
insult of general intelligence
relatively calm reply
insult, insult, insult.
Grinder
Hey guys, cool down. I'll lock the thread for 24 hours (the mods will use the time to figure out what do), mkay?
Redjack
Enter Korben Dallas, stage left.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012