Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floor Planner for Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Wrestling Troll
Hi everyone!

I tried a lot of different map editors for PnP games but none of them fit a "modern theme" like shadowrun. But now I've found an online planing software on CAD basis where you work with drag and drop system. You can also render the whole thing in 3D and make screenshots in different solutions.

I think a lot of GM's will love this tool when they plan custom campaign and want to design a plan of a building!
Best of all it's free !!

Homestyler

Floorplanner allows any sized Grid, vector shapes that are resizeable, various drawing tools and printing the map over multiple A4 pages or saving it as a huge JPG
Floorplanner

Sweet Home 3d

Envisioneer Express

Furnish Pro

Roomeon 3D planer (German)

My Virtual Home (requires Signup)

Room Arranger

Smart Draw

My Deco

Couldn't find more than that smile.gif

Hope you guys enjoy it!
If you know more software like this one then post it please, I can always use a good alternative
Neraph
Consider this added to my list of favorites. This is an honor.
Kolinho
Oooh nice.

I've been using Smart Draw for it but this looks like it might be of use too. Thanks.
fistandantilus4.0
Edited your topic title. Mostly because I was curious exactly what you were going to do with a "Floor Planer" and decided to take a look.

Not what I was hoping for. frown.gif
The Wrestling Troll
In that case I'm sorry for the unclear topic title.
Since english isn't my native language I give my best to keep up the standard this forum has in grammatics but it doesn't work all the time nyahnyah.gif
Gargs454
Nice find. Will definitely be of use!
Mantis
Thanks for the links. This will make some prep work easier.
Tias
Very nice!
HeavyJosh
Excellent!
Method
Ahhh youngins.

Sometimes it amazes me how much SR lore DS has hidden in its vaults. biggrin.gif

[edit: Homestyler is nice. I hadn't seen that one before.]
thenightaflame
In the off chance someone hasn't heard about it, there's always MapTool from over at www.rptools.net

This subforum of theirs has a *lot* of stuff (granted much of it is geared towards fantasy, but still plenty for sci-fi/cyber-punk-y type): http://forums.rptools.net/viewforum.php?f=34

And this forum post points you in the direction of a ton of other resources as well: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4901

Here's their SR4 dedicated stuff (this is primarily to introduce functionality beyond just displaying a map for the likes of playing over the internet, so you'll be able to manage dice rolls, track condition, and the like): http://forums.rptools.net/viewforum.php?f=59

One of my friends swears by the program and uses it when she runs Delta Green, but I never really got into it. Seems the learning curve is steep if you try to go it alone, but if you lean on the ton of tutorials there are out there, it's pretty efficient. Not exactly my cup of tea, but hey: you can't beat it at the price of free.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (The Wrestling Troll @ Mar 18 2012, 08:40 AM) *
In that case I'm sorry for the unclear topic title.
Since english isn't my native language I give my best to keep up the standard this forum has in grammatics but it doesn't work all the time nyahnyah.gif

Ahh, now I feel like a jerk. frown.gif No worries, our standards are, well, eclectic. I just fix typos as I see them. Lots of practice from fixing my own.
ZeroPoint
I think this is awesome and have never seen it even if its been brought up before. Would be nice if we could get links to all the different great tools there for GMs and players in one place ...like a sticky thread or something...
The Wrestling Troll
A sticky collection for GM's would be a great Idea !!
Need to search more tools on the web then I'll post em here smile.gif
Kolinho
I've been using Smartdraw up to now, which I find extremely intuitive and non-restrictive.

It's pretty expensive right enough. If only there was a way...

wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012